Engine Software Mods & Manufactures - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2005, 10:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Peach is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

Hey guys - 1st Post!

I've read through the engine software upgrade post (great information). My question is...When I buy my performance Mods should I keep everything the same manufacture? For example: JC Software with AA Cold Air Intake Filter with Black Cat Muffs? (or) any combination of... Thoughts or troubles in the future? Got a 98 M3 Sedan Auto (don't laugh). Need it for the LA 405 / 101 Bull Sh%$#. I really like the AA performance software. Don't know about the rest!

1998 M3 Sedan Alpine White Automatic
1998 318i Sedan Silver Automatic
1966 Porsche 912
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2005, 10:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
First off, to the forums.

the answer is, kinda.

As with most industries, no single company makes awesome everything. I might argue the same with e36 tuners. While Bavarian Autosport, Active Autowerke, Dinan, and Turnermotorsport all make good products, I felt certain companies made the best of certain bolt-ons. The list in my sig illustrates my favorite for each mod. As long as you go with a reputable tuner you'll be fine regardless of the company you work with. The products offered by the aforementioned tuners are so similar in quality, it wouldn't make HUGE difference if you stuck with the same guys throughout. I really am beginning to like Active Autwowerke (I will hopefully be receiving my last of the chips to try this week), but I do love my Dinan CAI. I would have stuck with them throughout, but Dinan didn't feel like burning me custom software.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 2003 M5
Photos:
Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
, well, since Jllphan answered your question, I got one for you, Can we get some pics of your ride ?

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Rooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thanks for the input. For some reason I too am starting to like AA more and more. Lets face it, there's only so much you can do with an auto! Come to think of it... I wonder is AA can program shift points for my tranny? Thoughts...

Also - I will take a picture and post tomorrow. just been lazy!

For now..here's what shes got...

Alpine white (tan/silver int.)
Tinted windows
blaupunkt "Seattle"
Sirius
Ice-Link Ipod Contoller
Heated Seats
Contour II Wheels

1966 Porsche 912
Old 01-21-2005, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Power Shifting

Car:
Photos:
Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
... it sounds like u got a awsome ride.. cant wait to see pics...

as to your question.. i guess u can get different mods from different companies.. just make sure u don't get JUNK from ebay!...

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
Cruzin 323is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
UNDERSTOOD... I want the warrenty.

Thanks for the warm welcome

1966 Porsche 912
Old 01-21-2005, 11:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Peach@Jan 21 2005, 11:17 PM
Lets face it, there's only so much you can do with an auto! Come to think of it... I wonder is AA can program shift points for my tranny? Thoughts...
[snapback]276536[/snapback]
{CLICK HERE}
Old 01-21-2005, 11:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Nice!

I'm going to call AA tomorrow and ask if they will custom map a program for my auto. Anyone have a good relationship over there? What the heck, I might as well get the Cold Air Intake as well. Might be a little more expensive though.

1966 Porsche 912
Old 01-22-2005, 12:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
Joseph or Prestige will be able to help you. They are good guys. Like I said, they are finishing up an order for software for my car. Do keep in mind the link for the tranny software is from Dinan. I'm not sure if AA offers the same

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)