BMW Werkz banner

engine overheating please helpp!!!

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  fatty 
#1 ·
I have a 92 325 i. THe engine seems to be ok when i drive the car, but as soon as I stop it it stars to overheat. The gauge goes to the 3/4 line and the electric cooling fan switches on to bring it back back to normal. This is really pissing me off, because i changed my radiator, waterpump, and fan clutch like a month ago. Im raelly stuck with this cause nobody seems to know what the problem is. If anyone could help me with this, I would appreaciate it very much..

Thanxx

#2 ·
did you check for sticking thermostat?

#3 ·
Originally posted by BMW_325_i@Aug 24 2003, 09:54 PM
I have a 92 325 i. THe engine seems to be ok when i drive the car, but as soon as I stop it it stars to overheat. The gauge goes to the 3/4 line and the electric cooling fan switches on to bring it back back to normal. This is really pissing me off, because i changed my radiator, waterpump, and fan clutch like a month ago. Im raelly stuck with this cause nobody seems to know what the problem is. If anyone could help me with this, I would appreaciate it very much..

Thanxx
check the thermostat...

#5 ·
who replaced those parts? Was the system properly bled after the replacement was done? Have you checked the coolant level again? Check that, because it's easiest. Then I would suspect the thermostat.

#6 ·
i just replaced my thermostat but that does not seem to be the problem. All of the parts were installed by a proffesional auto mechanic. Also the system was bled properly. I really dont know what to do anymore about this. I changed almost the entire cooling system, still engine overheats. Is this supposed to be like this?? Could this be normal with this model???

#7 ·
Originally posted by BMW_325_i@Aug 25 2003, 08:29 PM
i just replaced my thermostat but that does not seem to be the problem. All of the parts were installed by a proffesional auto mechanic. Also the system was bled properly. I really dont know what to do anymore about this. I changed almost the entire cooling system, still engine overheats. Is this supposed to be like this?? Could this be normal with this model???
any leaks? any suspected leaks? check the undercarridge for a greyish looking-cooked on substance. if you have some i suggest checking your hoses, waterpump, and thermostat housing. lastly what temp are you running on a more consistant basis? normal or 3/4? maybe check to make sure there isnt an electrical problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.