| Originally posted by TMac325is@Aug 3 2004, 01:20 PM |
1.what exactly are the differences between the DEPO and the ZKW?
2.is there a huge diff in the material used?
3.do the depos not fit as well?
5. are the depos more prone to falling apart?
which is a better value?
1. ZKW is a German headlight manufacturer. Not only do they make oem headlight assemblies for BMW cars, but other German carmakers as well. Depos are essentially a copy of this design.
2. Apparently the ZKW uses thicker plastics in the housing as well as thicker glass on the front of the housing.
3. A few of the guys on this site have the Depos and don't complain. The fit is snug I'm sure.
4. As the quality of materials is better in the ZKW, I assume one would enjoy marginally better performance. The Angel Eyes or DDE used with either ZKW or Depo is the same depending on where you buy them. So with regards to DDE brghtness it wouldn't be different.
5. The biggest thing I've heard from those who own (not sells) Depos, is that they tend to fog. I think this is something that could be alleviated with a little work.
Basically, the ZKW is one of the best Eurospec Ellipsoid headlight upgrades available. IF you want the best, go fer it, there worth it. B)