E36 Rear wing spoiler......Need some opinions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Car:
Posts: 80
Photos:
hyper_cool is on a distinguished road
E36 Rear wing spoiler......Need some opinions

Hi guys,
I saw this rear wing spoiler in ebay and kind of like it since it's low profile and doesn't look like a coat hanger. Anyhow below is the link. Do you think this will look good on an E36??? please give your comments. Thanks guys.
BMW E46 M3 E36 SPOILER REAR WING ACS 3-SERIES - (eBay.ca item 110207578908 end time 27-Dec-07 13:54:51 EST)
hyper_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-26-2007, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
General Chaos
 
SpeedInfusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Plano, TX
Car: ///M3,Corolla
Posts: 13,803
Photos:
SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
fugly /end thread
__________________
SpeedInfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride
 
saltshaker185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville Ky
Car: 95 M3
Posts: 3,762
Photos:
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
go for a ltw spoiler if anything... that one looks.... upside down, anyways :\

you could always put the money towards performance also
saltshaker185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Neutral Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Car:
Posts: 80
Photos:
hyper_cool is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the input man. I dunno why but for some freaking reason I like this spoiler; it's unique especially it's upside down thing lol and it's not tall too. The only thing I can do in performance side is handling but not power lolz... it gets too expensive in gas if I go for power. I have the suspension sitting in my room, kind of waiting for summer before I install it. I was looking at LTW spoiler before but it seems everyone have it. I'll check if this spoiler will look good combined with trunk lip spoiler. If I don't like it i guess LTW is another choice.
hyper_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse
 
jllphan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cashville, TN
Car:
Posts: 3,441
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
everyone has their own opinion of what looks good...if you like it, rawk it. personally, i think the only way it would work, would be if you had a complete widebody kit and some aggressive shoes. but even then, i'd go LTW, imo.
__________________
jllphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Im Bluffin With My Muffin
 
AlpineSixAndSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Car: 1976 Benz 300D, 1999 740iL
Posts: 5,992
Photos:
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
..... looks a little ricey for my tastes.... but if you like it it is your car your opions matters the most.....
__________________
1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
AlpineSixAndSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride
 
saltshaker185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville Ky
Car: 95 M3
Posts: 3,762
Photos:
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_cool
Thanks for the input man. I dunno why but for some freaking reason I like this spoiler; it's unique especially it's upside down thing lol and it's not tall too. The only thing I can do in performance side is handling but not power lolz... it gets too expensive in gas if I go for power. I have the suspension sitting in my room, kind of waiting for summer before I install it. I was looking at LTW spoiler before but it seems everyone have it. I'll check if this spoiler will look good combined with trunk lip spoiler. If I don't like it i guess LTW is another choice.
id say ethier a ltw spoiler (oem if possible) or just a little lip spoiler would be enough... as soon as you put on the one off ebay you're going to wish you didnt :\ its one of those things that sounds like a good thing to be different, but then everyone looks at you thinking your a cock instead :\


how about some new sways? what is your suspension thats waiting to be put on? maybe we can help you match something up to what you already have? also things like a CAI or exhaust actually help mpg its your right foot which hurts it... whats your average mpg right now and your model, maybe the money can go to making your car more efficient?
saltshaker185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Neutral Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Car:
Posts: 80
Photos:
hyper_cool is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltshaker185
id say ethier a ltw spoiler (oem if possible) or just a little lip spoiler would be enough... as soon as you put on the one off ebay you're going to wish you didnt :\ its one of those things that sounds like a good thing to be different, but then everyone looks at you thinking your a cock instead :\


how about some new sways? what is your suspension thats waiting to be put on? maybe we can help you match something up to what you already have? also things like a CAI or exhaust actually help mpg its your right foot which hurts it... whats your average mpg right now and your model, maybe the money can go to making your car more efficient?

I'm currently driving a 94 318i m42 engine. I love the 1.8 liter idea which saves me $$$ in gas. For some reason my $20 gas last me for at least 250KM which I think it is still good. I was thinking of changing my exhaust but not sure which one to buy. I got a bilstein shocks and a matching vogtland sport springs drop by 1.25 inch. My car already have the lip trunk spoiler but I'm not satisfied with it. I was looking for an ltw spoiler but found some people locally and jacking up the price up to $350 or more. As you know there's not much you can do for power for 318i unless you have a supercharger. You mentioned about making the car being efficient in gas?? Any ideas about it? Thanks.
hyper_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride
 
saltshaker185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville Ky
Car: 95 M3
Posts: 3,762
Photos:
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_cool
I'm currently driving a 94 318i m42 engine. I love the 1.8 liter idea which saves me $$$ in gas. For some reason my $20 gas last me for at least 250KM which I think it is still good. I was thinking of changing my exhaust but not sure which one to buy. I got a bilstein shocks and a matching vogtland sport springs drop by 1.25 inch. My car already have the lip trunk spoiler but I'm not satisfied with it. I was looking for an ltw spoiler but found some people locally and jacking up the price up to $350 or more. As you know there's not much you can do for power for 318i unless you have a supercharger. You mentioned about making the car being efficient in gas?? Any ideas about it? Thanks.
too many people over look spending money on things like fuel filter changes, fuel injector cleaning stuff that could essentially "choke" the car from its mileage... if you get your fuel and air flowing as smooth as possible (which also means cleaning the engine with some products) you can increase your gas mileage dramaticly... also if you plan on going the route with an air intake and exhuast stuff a performance chip will also enhance your mileage as it leans out your fuel to air ratio for better performance....


just a thought...
saltshaker185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Neutral Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Car:
Posts: 80
Photos:
hyper_cool is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltshaker185
too many people over look spending money on things like fuel filter changes, fuel injector cleaning stuff that could essentially "choke" the car from its mileage... if you get your fuel and air flowing as smooth as possible (which also means cleaning the engine with some products) you can increase your gas mileage dramatically... also if you plan on going the route with an air intake and exhaust stuff a performance chip will also enhance your mileage as it leans out your fuel to air ratio for better performance....


just a thought...
Thanks for the advice man. Yeah I'm all good with that, fuel filter changes, fuel injector cleaning stuff and even engine flush. I never thought of putting a performance chip though. Is it bad just replacing the exhaust while not replacing the intake? or replacing the exhaust requires putting performance chip to save more ga$$$?
hyper_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon
 
dannyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Civic Nation
Car: '08 Rabbit / E30 325is
Posts: 3,808
Photos:
dannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
basic maintenance like salt said, trans fluid and diff fluid are good also. I've done sparkplugs, fuel filter and fuel injector cleaning, I find the car runs smoother.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Neutral Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Car:
Posts: 80
Photos:
hyper_cool is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
basic maintenance like salt said, trans fluid and diff fluid are good also. I've done sparkplugs, fuel filter and fuel injector cleaning, I find the car runs smoother.
I know this is out of the topic guys, but I'll ask anyways. Is there any way to make your shift much smoother? I heard replacing the shifter bushing helps that. My friend owns a 97 318i and when shift gears it's much smoother compare to mine. Thanks guys.
hyper_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon
 
dannyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Civic Nation
Car: '08 Rabbit / E30 325is
Posts: 3,808
Photos:
dannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
yes if your bushings are worn your shifting will be smoother with newer ones. You can also look into short shift kits.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Neutral Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Car:
Posts: 80
Photos:
hyper_cool is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
yes if your bushings are worn your shifting will be smoother with newer ones. You can also look into short shift kits.

Is it hard to replace the shifter bushings? Anyone has tried this before?
hyper_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride
 
saltshaker185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville Ky
Car: 95 M3
Posts: 3,762
Photos:
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
its not the easiest because you have to work around the tranny... ive put in a ssk but if you get a diagram you can see what you are working with and it becomes alot easier to know what you are touching...

is your shifting just not flowing well or is it sloppy?? if its sloppy replace the bushings, if it just isnt fluid try changing the tranny fluid as it is probibly on it's way out if you havent done it before... there are alot of different options for tranny fluid depending on the feel you want...
saltshaker185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
z3 m roadster rear wing spoiler 4 sale mazuk Aftermarket Parts 1 07-13-2007 12:02 PM
E36 328i Rear Rieger Spoiler Chameech21 For Sale 3 07-09-2007 07:51 PM
E36 rear GT SPOILER Chameech21 Aftermarket Parts 7 11-03-2005 01:05 PM
E36 rear GT SPOILER from bav auto Chameech21 Aftermarket Parts 0 10-07-2005 09:44 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.