E36 Rear wing spoiler......Need some opinions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
hyper_cool is on a distinguished road
E36 Rear wing spoiler......Need some opinions

Hi guys,
I saw this rear wing spoiler in ebay and kind of like it since it's low profile and doesn't look like a coat hanger. Anyhow below is the link. Do you think this will look good on an E36??? please give your comments. Thanks guys.
BMW E46 M3 E36 SPOILER REAR WING ACS 3-SERIES - (eBay.ca item 110207578908 end time 27-Dec-07 13:54:51 EST)
hyper_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2007, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
General Chaos

Car: ///M3,Corolla
Photos:
SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
fugly /end thread
Old 12-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride

Car: 95 M3
Photos:
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
go for a ltw spoiler if anything... that one looks.... upside down, anyways :\

you could always put the money towards performance also
saltshaker185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Thanks for the input man. I dunno why but for some freaking reason I like this spoiler; it's unique especially it's upside down thing lol and it's not tall too. The only thing I can do in performance side is handling but not power lolz... it gets too expensive in gas if I go for power. I have the suspension sitting in my room, kind of waiting for summer before I install it. I was looking at LTW spoiler before but it seems everyone have it. I'll check if this spoiler will look good combined with trunk lip spoiler. If I don't like it i guess LTW is another choice.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
everyone has their own opinion of what looks good...if you like it, rawk it. personally, i think the only way it would work, would be if you had a complete widebody kit and some aggressive shoes. but even then, i'd go LTW, imo.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

Car: 1976 Benz 300D, 1999 740iL
Photos:
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
..... looks a little ricey for my tastes.... but if you like it it is your car your opions matters the most.....
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
AlpineSixAndSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride

Photos:
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_cool
Thanks for the input man. I dunno why but for some freaking reason I like this spoiler; it's unique especially it's upside down thing lol and it's not tall too. The only thing I can do in performance side is handling but not power lolz... it gets too expensive in gas if I go for power. I have the suspension sitting in my room, kind of waiting for summer before I install it. I was looking at LTW spoiler before but it seems everyone have it. I'll check if this spoiler will look good combined with trunk lip spoiler. If I don't like it i guess LTW is another choice.
id say ethier a ltw spoiler (oem if possible) or just a little lip spoiler would be enough... as soon as you put on the one off ebay you're going to wish you didnt :\ its one of those things that sounds like a good thing to be different, but then everyone looks at you thinking your a cock instead :\

how about some new sways? what is your suspension thats waiting to be put on? maybe we can help you match something up to what you already have? also things like a CAI or exhaust actually help mpg its your right foot which hurts it... whats your average mpg right now and your model, maybe the money can go to making your car more efficient?
Old 12-27-2007, 01:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltshaker185
id say ethier a ltw spoiler (oem if possible) or just a little lip spoiler would be enough... as soon as you put on the one off ebay you're going to wish you didnt :\ its one of those things that sounds like a good thing to be different, but then everyone looks at you thinking your a cock instead :\

how about some new sways? what is your suspension thats waiting to be put on? maybe we can help you match something up to what you already have? also things like a CAI or exhaust actually help mpg its your right foot which hurts it... whats your average mpg right now and your model, maybe the money can go to making your car more efficient?

I'm currently driving a 94 318i m42 engine. I love the 1.8 liter idea which saves me $$$ in gas. For some reason my $20 gas last me for at least 250KM which I think it is still good. I was thinking of changing my exhaust but not sure which one to buy. I got a bilstein shocks and a matching vogtland sport springs drop by 1.25 inch. My car already have the lip trunk spoiler but I'm not satisfied with it. I was looking for an ltw spoiler but found some people locally and jacking up the price up to $350 or more. As you know there's not much you can do for power for 318i unless you have a supercharger. You mentioned about making the car being efficient in gas?? Any ideas about it? Thanks.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_cool
I'm currently driving a 94 318i m42 engine. I love the 1.8 liter idea which saves me $$$ in gas. For some reason my $20 gas last me for at least 250KM which I think it is still good. I was thinking of changing my exhaust but not sure which one to buy. I got a bilstein shocks and a matching vogtland sport springs drop by 1.25 inch. My car already have the lip trunk spoiler but I'm not satisfied with it. I was looking for an ltw spoiler but found some people locally and jacking up the price up to $350 or more. As you know there's not much you can do for power for 318i unless you have a supercharger. You mentioned about making the car being efficient in gas?? Any ideas about it? Thanks.
too many people over look spending money on things like fuel filter changes, fuel injector cleaning stuff that could essentially "choke" the car from its mileage... if you get your fuel and air flowing as smooth as possible (which also means cleaning the engine with some products) you can increase your gas mileage dramaticly... also if you plan on going the route with an air intake and exhuast stuff a performance chip will also enhance your mileage as it leans out your fuel to air ratio for better performance....

just a thought...
Old 12-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltshaker185
too many people over look spending money on things like fuel filter changes, fuel injector cleaning stuff that could essentially "choke" the car from its mileage... if you get your fuel and air flowing as smooth as possible (which also means cleaning the engine with some products) you can increase your gas mileage dramatically... also if you plan on going the route with an air intake and exhaust stuff a performance chip will also enhance your mileage as it leans out your fuel to air ratio for better performance....

just a thought...
Thanks for the advice man. Yeah I'm all good with that, fuel filter changes, fuel injector cleaning stuff and even engine flush. I never thought of putting a performance chip though. Is it bad just replacing the exhaust while not replacing the intake? or replacing the exhaust requires putting performance chip to save more ga$$$?
Old 12-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon

Car: '08 Rabbit / E30 325is
Photos:
dannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
basic maintenance like salt said, trans fluid and diff fluid are good also. I've done sparkplugs, fuel filter and fuel injector cleaning, I find the car runs smoother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
basic maintenance like salt said, trans fluid and diff fluid are good also. I've done sparkplugs, fuel filter and fuel injector cleaning, I find the car runs smoother.
I know this is out of the topic guys, but I'll ask anyways. Is there any way to make your shift much smoother? I heard replacing the shifter bushing helps that. My friend owns a 97 318i and when shift gears it's much smoother compare to mine. Thanks guys.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon

Car: '08 Rabbit / E30 325is
Photos:
dannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
yes if your bushings are worn your shifting will be smoother with newer ones. You can also look into short shift kits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
yes if your bushings are worn your shifting will be smoother with newer ones. You can also look into short shift kits.

Is it hard to replace the shifter bushings? Anyone has tried this before?
Old 12-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride

Photos:
its not the easiest because you have to work around the tranny... ive put in a ssk but if you get a diagram you can see what you are working with and it becomes alot easier to know what you are touching...

is your shifting just not flowing well or is it sloppy?? if its sloppy replace the bushings, if it just isnt fluid try changing the tranny fluid as it is probibly on it's way out if you havent done it before... there are alot of different options for tranny fluid depending on the feel you want...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)