BMW Werkz banner

Which would you get?

• Diamond Cuts?

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Plain Euro Clears?

Votes: 13 72.2%

E36 Clear Tails? Diamond Cut or Euro OEM style?

6K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Dann-0h 
#1 ·
Okay, now..I getting started with my exterior mods:
First up is clear Euro tails...but I'm confused :dunno

I don't know where to look or what to choose...
I've been seeing two styles that I like on Ebay:

1. The slighly ricey but interestingly cool looking Altezza Euro diamond cuts $70 to $100:

2. The boring but probably better quality and more reliable white/red Euro OEM tails $40 - $100

I can't decide. I saw the Euro OEms on lots of members cars. Where did you guys buy yours from?
Also did anyone get diamond cuts that can post a picture of what it looks like on an actual E36 car and can recommend a good seller?

See less See more
#2 ·
ALtezza style: Slightly ricey, but I would probably check them out. Sell them if they simply don't do it for you. Not sure how they will look on Calyso Red. I wish eBay sellers would include pics of their product in the actual application.

#6 ·
How 'bout LEDs ?

How 'bout the LED tail lights? They look pretty good and actually have a red accent . Not bad at all for $215 and LEDs are always bright as hell and rarely burn out.

Euro Red LED E36 4dr Tail Lights from Pro Car Parts

I did install those Alteza tail lights like the first ones you showed and they were surprisingly good quality and fit perfectly, direct plug-n-play. I used the chromed amber turn signal bulbs so there is no amber showing when the light is off, it looks good and totally clear.

Mike

#7 ·
i'd go with OE.

#9 ·
del.. ughh... don't ruin your clean car... go with the oe... and don't buy them on ebay either... get them from a good site... call up bavauto...

pay the money, so you don't have OBC failures....

sounds like your in the modding mood...get some clear corners and sides while your at it...(every so often, a bundle pops up on ebay... check it out...)

#10 ·
Cruzin'... you recommended ebay, after not recommending ebay.

I'm curious as to where I should look as well - I was thinking clear corners, and side markers, but I am unsure as to how they would look on silver. Should I go smoked and not clear?

I'd stick with OE ones, del. And personally, those LED ones are annoying.

#15 ·
I've got BavAuto clear corners, and some OEM clear sidemarkers. They looked excellent on a silver car. The BavAuto corners are just like the tails in Del's pics. Diamond cut, I guess. Not crystal. And if you get the Diamond cut corners and red/white diamond cut tails, plus the clear sidemarkers, they look great together. Definitely go with the chrome covered amber bulbs though. Nothing looks worse than orange showing through a clear lens. On another note, I was driving behind a very poorly modded Civic on the beltway here last night. The guy had clear/smoked tails. With white bulbs. I can not explain in words how difficult it is to try and focus on the road while driving behind a car that has big white lights shining at you in the middle of the night. I was compelled to pass him... at a very high rate of speed. :D

#16 ·
4evrwyntr said:
Cruzin'... you recommended ebay, after not recommending ebay.

I'm curious as to where I should look as well - I was thinking clear corners, and side markers, but I am unsure as to how they would look on silver. Should I go smoked and not clear?

I'd stick with OE ones, del. And personally, those LED ones are annoying.

ya i sorta contradicted my self... heh... i meant it as... sometimes users have slightly used items... that came off of there car... which were bought from a trusted site... and sometimes they sell it as a bundle... , tails, sides, and corners... which are oem... u just gotta find the right guy!

#20 ·
eBay is too often hit and miss regardless of User feedback scores. If something is priced really low, it will be crap. May look good on arrival, but will fall apart. Or the tolorences (fitment) will be way off. If it looks too good to be true...
On something like this that’s going to be on the outside on your car everyday, you want quality. Doesn’t have to be BMW oem, but suggestion for BAV or equivalent is excellent standard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.