BMW Werkz banner

E36 Auto Gearbox

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  zlac109 
#1 ·
Hey guys

So i have a 320 with an auto gerabox. It's not the original gearbox as that one died on be shortly after buying the car. I put a new one in and this one has 6 gears on it. Thought it would be nicer to have a reconditioned 6 speeed box rather than a new 5 speed one.

The problem that occoured to me yesterday is that when i put the sports in while i am in 6th the thing shifts down to 5th immediatly and it never goes to 6th anymore if i do not take the sports off and go to economy again.

Anyone has any ideas?

#2 ·
Hmm... the sports mode in teh auto trannies of some of the older ones always lop off that top gear... Ididn't know it would do that in a 6 speed... Did you swap that yourself, or did you pay someone to do it?

#3 ·
Originally posted by 4evrwyntr@May 18 2005, 11:39 AM
Hmm... the sports mode in teh auto trannies of some of the older ones always lop off that top gear... Ididn't know it would do that in a 6 speed... Did you swap that yourself, or did you pay someone to do it?
[snapback]345663[/snapback]​

Paid someone to do it of corse. I'm good at car DIY stuff but changing the gearbox is a bit too much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.