BMW Werkz banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

e36 air conditionner

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 ·
does the e36 AC always stay on
my AC is always on its always on without the use of the button its like the ac button with the frosty picture on it is worthless even with the climate control off it stil blows cold air which is kind of weird would the climate control need cahnging or is it suppose to be like this. also when the ac is running the car feels so sluggish it does not feel like the same car anymore the ac seem to take a lot of horsepower out the car i just disconnect that dam thing when i dont need it since it always on
thanks

#2 ·
It is not always on per say, just always blowing. I have had multiple cars that have done this. Yes you will feel a bit hit in acceleration when you are actually running the AC. I hate this but living in Arizona I run the AC.

Turn all the instruments off and it is not technically using the AC at that point, make sure that button is also pushed off. You can adjust the climit by another area, right under your vent is a "dial" (for lack of a better word) that has blue and red, push that over to the middle and you should be fine.

Anyone feel free to correct me, but that should be it. You will still feel a little bit of air coming through but it will not be cold, just whatever the temp is outside.

#3 ·
When I turn my electronic climate control off, the fan shuts off completely. That is the only way to turn off the fan in my car.

If it is truly cold air, and you can't stop it, then it sounds like you do have something stuck on. Never heard of this problem before. Let us know what it turns out to be.

#4 ·
Look under the hood...

Pop the hood open and look to see if your compressor is in fact turning when you have the A/C off. If it is then either the relay is stuck or the switch is broken. Are you the original owner of the car? Maybe a previous owner did some rigging ....

Mike

#6 ·
SAME issue!

I have a 134a conversion on a 325is, the compressor wont respond to the climate control. It is stuck ON unless I unplug the compressor. The climate panel HAD always worked before the conversion, now it just works on start up and random times. Wondering if this is the relay?

Sucks cause if I want to turn the AC down (even a little) the vent will frost over blocking heat and AC flow... now I have the infamous AC mold stink on a NEW cabin filter, which makes me angry...

any progress made on this thread????

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.