E36 320i Average Cost of Maintenance?
I'm considering purchasing a 1993 BMW 320i with auto trans, all options, low-ish kms at 111,000 kms .
What do you think the cost of maintenance will be a year?
What do I need to have done to this thing, or what should I make sure HAS BEEN done? Timing belt/water pump? Or what repairs/maintenance should I be looking for?
I love the car, but I hear bad things about maintenance costs. Hope you guys can confirm/disprove this.
What is the cost of those minor things. Tires, brakes, etc.?
Plus... Whats involved? Are BMW's any more difficult to work on than other cars?
Here's what it's got:
- Leather interior
- Authentic BMW rims
- Rare custom paint ordered from the factory by the first owner called Schwarz Mica Metallic (also called Dark Pearl Blue)
- Paper work to show this is the original paint
- Lowering springs
- Body kit
- Low kms at 111,000 kms
- VERY high quality glass headlights
- New spark plugs
- New fuel filter
- New coolant expansion tank
- Fresh coolant change / engine flush
- All new vacuum hoses
- New fuel lines
- New Oxygen sensor
- Passed aircare on 14 August 2010