E30 value Question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 06:54 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TC 94' 325i is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
E30 value Question

Hi guys, i know this is the e36 section, but i was wondering if someone knows about how much a high mileage 325i 1986 BMW would be worth.

There is one for sale near me and it is supposed to be in really good condition. The odometer doesnt work but i was told by the local mechanic who supposedly maintain the car since it was bought in the 80's that it has between 200 and 300,000 miles. Everything is original build and in good running condition, having its inspection II done recently and its timing belt replaced a week ago.

The lady ,who has owned it since new, is selling it for 2k and said she might be a little flexible on the price, plus it is a 5 speed. The mechanic said the only problems were that it has a transmission and power steering seep, but not enough to even drip.

Any input is appreciated, Thanks guys and gals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 08:11 PM
4DoorWhore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
Well the odometer on the E30's had plastic gears which are commonly known to strip and fail. So the odometer not working is a common issue. As for the power steering leak that's usually solved by replacing the hoses. That's common on the E36's as well. Since she has owned it since knew she should have a stack of paperwork for all the service work that has been done. If not, I would be questioning why. I would also be hesitant of the transmission leak and figure out where that's leaking from. Depending on where it's coming from it may require removal of the transmission to fix.

Without seeing pictures it's hard to tell how much it's really worth. As long as the interior is mint with no tips are tears and the paint is in great shape with no rust then it is worth what their asking. Do a good check for rust cause surface rust can be hiding something much worse.

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
#3 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:06 AM
n00b

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TC 94' 325i is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Ah ok will do lord vader. My dad was able to see the car when he went to the shop and said the paint looked good and the interior is clean, but i double check everything next sunday. I was thinking if everything was good it probably be worth the price, but i wasn't sure because of the mileage. I dont really know to much about the E30, i do think they look neat though.

Anyways thanks
#4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:35 AM
4DoorWhore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
If an E30 is taken care of they can last 500,000 miles or more. Their very well designed engines and last a long time. They are great cars that have excellent handling and drive very well

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)