BMW Werkz banner

Du Du Du Or Vibration Noise

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SuperFreaks 323is 
#1 ·
ive had this noise going on for the last month or so and seems to be getting a lil worse. It seems to be in the front even though its hard to tell where the noise is coming from. I went to get an alignment and the guy said he didnt ahve right stuff to do it( first time there) and he said the right side was pretty good but the left sides was off quite abit i guess the camber?! i dont knwo much about that. He said it was wearing the inside of the tire pretty good, so could the noice possibly be from that or would it maybe be bad bushings or something. Im pretty sure its not a bearing cause thats more a humming noise and i had one changed in the rear not too long ago and this doenst really seem to be the same. It seems to have a lower sound or pitch to it the more you slow down. Well any knowledge or info on this would be great!

#3 ·
cruzin is right, it's the bearings. As far as your alignment, if the tires are wearing on the inside edge you could have a worn lower control arm/balljoint. There are no special tools to align the car, find someone who is comfortable working on these cars.

#4 ·
Hello mate. Tell me a little more.

Does it do it in every gear or just a couple?
Does it do it speeding up or slowing down?
Now the money question, does it do it with your foot on the clutch?

By your du du du bit of the title, do you mean it sound like tension unwinding?

#5 ·
Originally posted by 2ndclasscitizen@Mar 1 2005, 11:03 AM
Hello mate. Tell me a little more.

Does it do it in every gear or just a couple?
Does it do it speeding up or slowing down?
Now the money question, does it do it with your foot on the clutch?

By your du du du bit of the title, do you mean it sound like tension unwinding?
[snapback]301709[/snapback]​
No its nothing like that, its just pretty constant, its nothing real noticable or loud. If you never drove the car or wasnt familiar iwth it, you pry wouldnt even notice it, but i notice it since i obviously drive it all the time, no donest change when i shift or turn or anything, just not as noticeable when i start to slow down or am driving slow. So anyways hopefully ill get it fixed or figured out, i want to find someone aorund my area thats good with bmws that doesnt rape you like the dealer! so i dont know we'll see. But thanks for the info guys.....

#6 ·
Well anyways i got it aligned and got it back and thats better, but he told i need to get an inner tie rod! So anyways one other thing to get done, haha ah i love it! well see if that makes any better, still maybe there is a wheel hub or bearing bad who knows, i need to try to get em checked! Well if anyone knows a good place to get an inner tie rod let me know asap!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.