BMW Werkz banner

Driver Side Window Won't Seal

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kestrel325is 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 1994 318is. The driver side window won't seal like the passenger side window so when I turn the key to lock the door, it won't lock. It pops back up and neither the passenger side door nor the trunk will lock. If I turn the key and hold it, the driver side door will lock, but the passenger side door and the trunk still won't lock. I have to lock the passenger door seperately, but I still can't get the trunk locked so I can't keep anything of value in it. It's a bit annoying having to lock the driver side door and then go around and lock the passenger door. I have the same problem with the door locks when I try to lock them from the inside. I actually have to hold both locks down at the same time if I want to have both doors locked. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

My first BMW and I love it. (Except for this one problem)

#4 ·
I had a similar problem with mine, and here's what I found:

the wiring for the door lock on the passenger side had become caught up in the power window track, and the window had basically severed the wiring to the door lock. I spent about 2 hours making sense of the frayed bits of wiring, and after it was all done, everything worked fine... Just a suggestion, I don't know if it will help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.