Taking the panel off is easy.
Follow these steps:
1. Remove SRS airbag cover. Behind it is a screw.
2. Behind the handle is two covers, and screws.
3. Remove the mirror control and unplug the connector.
4. Remove by sliding forward (towards engine) the trim around the door release.
5. Remove the three (3) screws previously mentioned.
6. Unscrew the door lock knob. It just unscrews.
7. Starting at the BOTTOM, use a PLASTIC trim removal tool to slowly pry the clips out.
8. Once you get all the white plastic clips, slowly pull the bottom of the panel towards you. Their are clips are the top that are a different design (at least in my Sedan anyway). And all the plastic white clips need to be undone first.
The door panel should now be free except for the speaker clips. They come out just by pulling on them. You may need to tug kinda hard like I did. If you have a side airbag DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY. Removing the air bag connector wire with the battery still plugged in will trigger the light on your dash and its not fun to fix.
Their will be a gray foam barrier. Its held on with some really nasty black goop. Use a sharp exacto knife or putty knife to slowly cut through it and peel it back. This will take the longest of the whole procedure. After that you have access to everything.
Hope this helps
__________________ ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community See My car on Project Technik HERE! And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52 Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343 |
OE M3 Bumper |
M3 Mirrors |
Max Velocity GTR Lip |
Euro ZKW Projector Headlights |
Jim Conforti CF CAI |
UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys |
18x8 ASA AR1's |
Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |