BMW Werkz banner

Door speaker cover cracked and broken

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  325IConvertible 
#1 ·
I recently got a hand me down 94' 325i and the drivers side speakers have fallen into the door panel because the grills cracked and broke off. Where would I get replacement covers for them? Are the grill covers sold sepparate from the speakers? Or do I need to replace the whole thing when this happens. The interior color is the dark grey color not the light (dove?) grey and not black. Please PM me if you have some for sale or if you know of a fix for this that would get me by till I can track them down. Every time the door closes the speakers would get jarred arround so I assume 13 years of door closing just wore them out.

Thanks for helping this noob out!

#2 ·
I did a little research for you and found out that the grill and ring are actually part of the speaker as a whole for all of the door speakers... Might be a nice opportunity for you to upgrade. You could check eBay or a local junk yard, but I'm certain that you will have to replace the whole speaker either OEM or aftermarket whichever you choose.

#3 ·
rwall23 said:
I did a little research for you and found out that the grill and ring are actually part of the speaker as a whole for all of the door speakers... Might be a nice opportunity for you to upgrade. You could check eBay or a local junk yard, but I'm certain that you will have to replace the whole speaker either OEM or aftermarket whichever you choose.
Thanks for that! I hadn't pulled them out of the door yet because I didn't want to pull the whole panel off only to find out that I didn't have what I needed to finish the job. I would prefer to remove the panels only once. Too much potential for breaking stuff. At least now I know what I need to get to do the job right.

#4 ·
It might be worth getting new door panel clips, I have taken my door panels off a lot, and they were loose and would rattle, so I changed the clips and they are fine now. It was mainly due to the rubber pieces missing on the clips though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.