Which Do I Need? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 02:55 PM
350z

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bigred318 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred318
(Thread Starter)
to fix my really bad negative camber

theres the bavauto adujstable camber kit which just seems to be something like a bushing and a few nuts that you can adjust and stuff.....

or turner motorsports adjustable arms... both seem they offer to do what i need which do i want?

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detai...T_ID=TSU9940001

Thanks for the help!
David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Power Shifting

Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
if u need the arm too.. then buy them from turner.. but if u just need the bushing.. then go with bavauto!! did u take your car to a mechanic yet?? to see what he thinks of it!

-SOLD..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2229108/1 *UPDATED 8.25.06*
R.I.P Fast 6

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
#3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 05:01 PM
350z

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Cruzin 323is@Feb 2 2005, 03:27 PM
if u need the arm too.. then buy them from turner.. but if u just need the bushing.. then go with bavauto!! did u take your car to a mechanic yet?? to see what he thinks of it!
[snapback]284783[/snapback]
called places like les schwab and they all want way to much money for this job... so i think im going to get the TMS arms, the ones from bav bring it back about 2 degrees.. where as the tms arms have a whole range of adjustments...

David
#4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 05:03 PM
What? No Autobahn?

jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile
wait for Alpine, he'll give you the full run down.. he did with me last night. very helpful.

#5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 06:17 PM
350z

(Thread Starter)
AUTO WHERE ARE YOU!

my options get the tms adjustable to fix the problem i have (im running eibachs right now) and after that save up for some h&rs, or just buy h&rs (if you think that will get rid of my bad camber?

David
#6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 06:25 PM
5th Gear Member

Autotechnica is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by bigred318@Feb 2 2005, 06:17 PM
AUTO WHERE ARE YOU!

my options get the tms adjustable to fix the problem i have (im running eibachs right now) and after that save up for some h&rs, or just buy h&rs (if you think that will get rid of my bad camber?

David
[snapback]284899[/snapback]
I have Ireland Engineering adjustable control arms and those work great. They are so easy to adjust once you have the car jacked up. I'm a dealer for them if you're interested in their products.

Anyways, my opinion would be to scrap the Eibachs and get yourself some H&R springs. The main reason the camber is so bad is because the springs sag. When I first had the Eibach springs, the camber was fine. After 1 winter and 1 summer season, the camber was way out of spec. Not only do the springs sag, they seem to sag inconsistently. One side had -2.5 degrees and the other side had -2.8 degrees. That would explain why one side was higher than the other side.

I think H&R makes a cheap fix solution for the front. They are called Triple C camber adjustment bolts (which looks similar to what you have in the first pic). They are like $30 for the set. You should look into those. IE also has some pretty cheap camber plates. As for the rear, the adjustable control arms are your best bet.

Here's a video of my car with the Eibach springs. Look how low it is!!!! After my -2.8 degree camber reading, the springs still seemed to be sagging even more. People ask me if I run race springs when infact they are the Eibach pro kits. I sold them to some bloke for $100 and bought myself some H&R's, much happier and my camber instantly got better. I'm at a much more acceptable - 2.1 degrees now.

http://www.automobile-technik.com/Bryan318Peelout.avi

Bry

<u>1994 M-Technic M42 Saloon - Trillium Chapter - 5130</u>
Stock - 2866lbs Current - 2670lbs
<a href='http://www.geocities.com/mtechnik42' target='_blank'>- VIEW MY MODS AND PICS</a>
<a href='http://www.automobile-technik.com' target='_blank'>- PARTS FOR SALE</a>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/atta...tc=1&quot;&gt;
#7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 08:57 PM
350z

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica+Feb 2 2005, 06:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Autotechnica @ Feb 2 2005, 06:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bigred318@Feb 2 2005, 06:17 PM
AUTO WHERE ARE YOU!

David
[snapback]284899[/snapback]
I have Ireland Engineering adjustable control arms and those work great. They are so easy to adjust once you have the car jacked up. I'm a dealer for them if you're interested in their products.

Anyways, my opinion would be to scrap the Eibachs and get yourself some H&R springs. The main reason the camber is so bad is because the springs sag. When I first had the Eibach springs, the camber was fine. After 1 winter and 1 summer season, the camber was way out of spec. Not only do the springs sag, they seem to sag inconsistently. One side had -2.5 degrees and the other side had -2.8 degrees. That would explain why one side was higher than the other side.

I think H&R makes a cheap fix solution for the front. They are called Triple C camber adjustment bolts (which looks similar to what you have in the first pic). They are like $30 for the set. You should look into those. IE also has some pretty cheap camber plates. As for the rear, the adjustable control arms are your best bet.

Here's a video of my car with the Eibach springs. Look how low it is!!!! After my -2.8 degree camber reading, the springs still seemed to be sagging even more. People ask me if I run race springs when infact they are the Eibach pro kits. I sold them to some bloke for $100 and bought myself some H&R's, much happier and my camber instantly got better. I'm at a much more acceptable - 2.1 degrees now.

http://www.automobile-technik.com/Bryan318Peelout.avi

Bry
[snapback]284905[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

where are the links to the H&R 30$ camber fix things? Also do you think if i put different springs on my car right now my camber might get a little better? also do you think i have any chance of getting it fixed just by going and trying to get it aligned.... i guess i can go in there and ask... how hard was it for you to install your adjustable control arms?

David
#8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 11:13 PM
350z

(Thread Starter)
hey i was looking into those h&r triple c camber adjustment bolts.

it says i have to know
Triple C
Bolt Diameter (A) Strut Bracket
Width (B)

i was wondering if you knew either of these the options for bolt diameter is 10,12,14,15,16,and 17mm and the options for strut bracket is...
36.0 - 48.0mm TC110 37.50 Pair
45.5 - 48.0mm
40.0 - 48.5mm
30.0 - 39.0mm
35.0 - 48.0mm
35.0 - 43.0mm
41.5 - 48.0mm
35.0 - 50.0mm

i was wondering if you knew which on i need for an e35 325i? heres the link where i found that info.
http://www.hrsprings.com/site/frames/frameproducts.html

Thanks for all the help!

David
#9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 11:14 PM
350z

(Thread Starter)
oh wow just found a link to vehicle application and bmw isnt even listed...

David
#10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 01:28 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
Auto-
Tried to PM you but your box if full.
Do you sell stuff for E30 as well? There was more, but I will resend when your box isn't full
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)