probably. Here's all you need to do though.
1. buy BMWs radio removal tool. The screws that hold it in place are very rare, and it is near impossible to get them out with an allen wrench.
2. With tool, unscrew screws. They are hidden behind little flaps on either side of the face.
3. Disconnect wiring harness from unit. If you're a wuss, disconnect the battery while doing this.
4. Plug old harness into adapter for new HU.
5. Follow new HU installation instructions.
<span style='color:gray'><span style='font-family:Courier'>1995 e36 3 Series RIP
1999 e46 3 Series BURN IN HELL
2000 MR-S Roadster= Current</span></span>