BMW Werkz banner

difference between schnitzer type II and type III mags

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  jcy0001 
#1 ·
i was just wondering what the difference between the 2 are? coz i can cant seem to figure out what mine came with :(

#3 ·
Try www.acschnitzer.com. They have all the wheels pictured for the different models. The type II has solid spokes. The type III has the thin twin spokes all around. there are also racing models for each that have the rivets,bolts, whatever, all around.

#5 ·
Good for you !:) I like the type III's over the type II's. Just my preference.:eek:

#7 ·
I would think that would work if the sizes weren't too different. Might want to talk to a tire vendor to be certain.

#9 ·
What sizes were you thinking about getting in tires?

#11 ·
That's pretty much the standard size for 18's on the E36.

Try these sites. www.tirerack.com. and www.discounttiredirect.com.
They should be able to answer your questions. In fact The tire rack has some ataggered sets on site, if that is what you want.

#13 ·
hey cool thanks that tire rack is just what i was looking for coz my tires now are 225/40/18 and they matching rears are there at 245/35/18 thanks:) now to find out if my wheels can actaully take the tires with the tires not looking too wide:) how do i find out if my wheels are 8? 8.5? or 9? would it be written down somewhere on the wheels?
As for the type II or type III im begining to wonder again as i saw somewhere that there are type II's without the covers on the spokes:( hmmm ill take a picture of it soon maybe you guys would know what they are:)

#14 ·
Most wheels are marked, either on the front or back with the width and offset. Take one off and look around.

As for the type II and III, there are replicas out there that may not look quite the same. Or could be an old or new design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.