Did Bmw Make E36s W/ Business Cd Radios? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2004, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
quality

Car: 2001 330i & 2011 550i
Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
I'm looking to revert my in dash Audio system to the OEM radio, but I don't want the BMW Business AM/FM Cassette radio. I was wondering if there was an instance of any E36 cars that came with a Business CD Am/Fm radio in them during 1992 to 1998 before the E46 cars?

And does such a thing exist for BMW E36 model audio systems?

Old 10-18-2004, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
Kevin325i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kevin325i
Yes, I saw it once. But it was a piece and didn't work well. You're really better off with an amber glow face one.

No I don't know where you could find the stock one however.

"WAAAAAAARRRRRIORS, come out to plaaaaay."
Kevin325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
dclaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to dclaw
so, are you looking for the non business am/fm tape?

or are you looking for a non business am/fm cd?
dclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 01:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
quality

Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by dclaw@Oct 18 2004, 11:24 PM
so, are you looking for the non business am/fm tape?

or are you looking for a non business am/fm cd?
[snapback]213882[/snapback]

I'm looking for a E36 BMW OEM AM/FM CD Radio dash unit that may have came out originally on the dash of some E36 models during the 1992- 1999 E36 production.

I saw this radio at my local pawn shop.. used ...see picure below and wanted to know if this could possibly for an E36. It says E30/E36/E34 on a written tag but I don't know because non of these cars came to my knowledge with OEM CD radios. Could I be wrong? Thats my question here.

It is almost identical to the E36 Business cassette radio but it has a CD player and the warranty/manual and codes are all in German not English used so its likely it did NOT come from an American E36 used right?.

Does anyone know if there were E36 cars with "OEM BMW business CD am/fm" radios in any country or year during production of the E36 cars? Or am I seeing things?
Attached Thumbnails
Did Bmw Make E36s W/ Business Cd Radios?-cd_business.jpg  
Old 10-19-2004, 02:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
quality

Photos:
Garage
More Pictures.....anyone seen....heard of...or used these?

Its not an Aftermarket radio or non business OEM BMW radio....The lights are amber like the BMW dash .

It says "BMW OEM Business CD am/fm radio" on the unit and
someone wrote on a sale label attached "for E34/E30/E36 cars"
Everything else is in German....so I'm not sure what this is exactly....
Attached Thumbnails
Did Bmw Make E36s W/ Business Cd Radios?-cd_business2.jpg   Did Bmw Make E36s W/ Business Cd Radios?-cd_business.jpg  
Old 10-19-2004, 07:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Nineholes is an unknown quantity at this point
This is exactly (from what I can see) what I have in mine. I have a 1998 323 Coupe. Can't tell you if it was there from new, but it's there now.

Mine's very temperamental, the CD doesn’t work that often. Could be something to look out for. To be ownest i'm thinking of changing it.

Does anyone have any experiance fitting third party heads and linking it to a Changer in the boot? Is the Link wiring in place already?

Cheers
Nineholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
theogill is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to theogill
Delmarco,
If you look on ebay, you'll see the difference in e46 and e36 cd units. they're actually sized differently. The one you're looking at sure seems like the e36 units I've seen on ebay. I can't speak to their reliablity. I decided to get replace my dead led unit with another cassette unit, but I've also got the changer in the trunk.
Bit cheaper that way too. Those cd units go for over 200-260 bucks on ebay. If you don't have the oem cd changer, you could jsut get an aftermarket unit.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
97328is is an unknown quantity at this point
i think what ur looking for is a stock Z3 cd deck..they run about 300-400USD tho. you might consider going aftermarket for better sound quality.
97328is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 02:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
quality

Photos:
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by 97328is@Oct 19 2004, 11:03 PM
i think what ur looking for is a stock Z3 cd deck..they run about 300-400USD tho. you might consider going aftermarket for better sound quality.
[snapback]214536[/snapback]

thanks, I found it.....on a 2002 Z3. So this is the only OEM BMW CD dash radio that will fit in the E36 cars huh? Interesting.....it looks decent....but not for 200$-$400 if the sound quality is gonna be bad.

see pic below....
Attached Thumbnails
Did Bmw Make E36s W/ Business Cd Radios?-businesscd.jpg  

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)