BMW Werkz banner

deciding b/w black or chrome grills

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  funtoos 
#1 ·
hey guyz,
Can anyone tell me what the difference between a wide grill and a stock grill is? all these people selling on ebay keep saying wide grill?
are the modification kits any good? or do they look cheap? here's a link kit

I want to make my grill all chrome or all black.. don't like the stock chrome border and black stripe look... what would look good on my black 325i???
also are these any good from ebay??? below is the link for all black..

Wide Grill

#2 ·
All chrome is cheesy IMO, unless you go wide. The wide grill omits every other slat, like an e46 style.

If you go standard, go blakced out.

#3 ·
yah the wide grill is just less slats in the grill, and they are much thicker than the stock ones on the e36

i would def go with the blacked out grille, i have a pic of it on my car and i could take a pic of my roomates car that has the chrome ones (both of ours are black bimmers and imo the chrome looks like shite

wait, what color is your car?

#4 ·
Mine is all chrome and it looks F****n' sweet

#5 ·
yeah, my car is all black... so when u guyz say that itz more thick u mean the vertical bars... n there are lesser of them then the stock ones (stock ones have 13 on each grill), correct??

i though chrome would b nice since the car is black.. but then i havent either (paid attention)..

sean -> can you take pics of both for comparison..
thanx a lot... appreciate it..

n also whas the diff b/w a hamann and a regular wide grill?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.