Dealing with an IDIOT - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 11:16 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
panzerbenzer is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Dealing with an IDIOT

anyways,

So me being a mechanic and working on german cars a guy calls me up to tell me his car is bogging under a load anyways, so i take off the exhaust no avail still bogging take off the iacv replaced it no change Told him to buy a crank sensor he bought the wrong one told him his battery was junk when i went over there it was dead and wasnt keeping a charge he declined..too cheap Anyways after i put in the old crank position sensor i noticed his car which was running fine ,was not turning over was clicking like his starter was going..Told him that I couldnt fix his car without a decent battery and a crank position sensor..well i go the car to run i ended up tapping on the crank position sensor.. Today i went over there to replace the fuel pump car wont turn over wont click even nothing.. You think the voltage at battery was fine 12.3v. would a crank position sensor make the car not even fire up. Im getting voltage to the ignition coil i couldnt check the solenoid but i heard it buzzing underneath or do you think its the starter solenoid?? i dont think that changing the cps would cause it to not even turn over..What you guys think
the car would still at least try to crank over or am i wrong??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 11:54 PM
n00b

panzerbenzer is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
obtw its a 1994 318i conv. I dunno the guy is too damn cheap to buy a battery so i am figuring he can bite the bullet and take it to the shop... I tried to tell him to get the proper parts cps but know hes dead set on taking it to the garage to get it looked at and then wants me to fix after he gets it started i think im better off saying keep it there ya know?
#3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
A bad solenoid and/or starter... maybe...

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 06:36 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
too cheap to buy a new battery but bringing it to the shop will cost him way more. I hate working on cars when the owner is cheap like that, let him bring it to the shop and forget about it. Who knows the owner might come back and say you broke something or its your fault it aint starting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)