Cyliner Head - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
zlac109 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
So, i start doing my usual service and check up on the car and i notice a slight crack in my cyliner head where there is a small leak of cooling liquid. Couldn't tell how bad the leak was coz it was the back cylinder and visibily was very bad, however my qustion is could this have caused my surge in the fuel injection which i have been unable to fix for ages now. When i say surge i mean even when accelerating, the MPG indicator moves up and down and the acceleration itself goes more and less.
Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 05:11 AM
Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by zlac109@Jun 15 2005, 07:02 PM
So, i start doing my usual service and check up on the car and i notice a slight crack in my cyliner head where there is a small leak of cooling liquid. Couldn't tell how bad the leak was coz it was the back cylinder and visibily was very bad, however my qustion is could this have caused my surge in the fuel injection which i have been unable to fix for ages now. When i say surge i mean even when accelerating, the MPG indicator moves up and down and the acceleration itself goes more and less.
Any ideas?
[snapback]353884[/snapback]
That's crappy, I'm sorry.

Does your coolant have a gas/ milky apperance? ... And yea, you're right. That crack would very possibly fuck up your compression and thus ur acceleration... Dunno about your fuel injector having a problem so much as the fuel and air not staying in the combustion chamber when the piston rises... but who knows. Did you check the others?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)