BMW Werkz banner

Curious If I Can Put Keyless Entry And Remote ....

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  93 325i 
#1 ·
Ive got a 1994 318i and i was just curious if I can anyway put a remote keyless entry and remote trunk latch. Any idea if it's possible and where might i get the parts to do it.

#2 ·
A trunk opener seems unfeasible. Cars that can do that you notice that the trunk "pops" and lifts automatically. With our trunks they need an upward force to open. TO get that upward force you'd need some different hydralics with more pressure but even then why attempt such a project..

#3 ·
Originally posted by 93 325i@Jan 20 2005, 02:12 PM
A trunk opener seems unfeasible. Cars that can do that you notice that the trunk "pops" and lifts automatically. With our trunks they need an upward force to open. TO get that upward force you'd need some different hydralics with more pressure but even then why attempt such a project..
[snapback]275593[/snapback]​
Why not? It's the strive to do something different than every other bmw owner...

#4 ·
ya... that sounds rediculous.. its allmost like shaving the door handles... if u want.. u can check out www.andyautosport.com and look at the selinoid package that they have under the door shaving.. maybe that could be rigged up?? WHO KNOWS?

#5 ·
Originally posted by Storamin@Jan 20 2005, 01:45 PM
....Why not? It's the strive to do something different than every other bmw owner...
[snapback]275612[/snapback]​
Time and or money.....

That was simply my advice. Anything is possible with your car. You can put a kitchen sink in your car if you really wanted to. IMO the effort needed to fabricate that simply out weighs the functionality. And I got the impression it was a question out of convience, not out of originality..But hey to each his own

#6 ·
lay off all the guy wanted was a trunk that popped open.. i mean i wouldnt attempt it on my car... doesnt seem like ineed it, but who really does? my dad has it on his car... and uses it, its a nice feautre, but should my dad shave the door handles off his car too? anyways cloxe it seems like it might be a pretty custom job... and from my time on this forum i dont think i have encountered anyone that has done it... maybe search the interent...

David

#7 ·
I dont think cruzin meant that he should shave his door handles while he's at it sort of thing. What I got out of it was that in theory the door popper/selinoid parts may be able to be rigged up to the trunk somehow. I think it would be a cool feature to add but seems too difficlut..Maybe an expert can elaborate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.