BMW Werkz banner

cruise control stopped working

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  sqwert.99 
#1 ·
I always use my cruise control when commuting to school and work, and yesterday night it just wouldnt work. I could get it to do anything. Anyone have any idea what that could be. All the other fuctions of the car are working perfect. I have no idea what to check. I appreicate any help you guys can give me. Thanks!

#3 ·
i dont think its the fuse any other ideas.....my cruise control is my saving grace when traveling long distances....i love to go fast but i cant afford the tickets and ins. bills

#4 ·
Check the Bentley for the location of the cruise module. Also search this site. There was a previous thread about a faulty brake pedal switch that kept disabling the cruise. I'm heading home now, will check later tonight if I find anything more specific.

#5 ·
i changed the brake light switch like two months ago, so that shouldn't be the problem, and i also changed the cruise control fuse just in case. neither of the two worked. Do you think it is the cruise control unit. Those things are like 600.00

#6 ·
I'm not saying it is but you may as well see if it is. If the unit is fine at least you'll have knocked one more potential cause off the list.

#8 ·
I'm saying identify the problem which is done through a process of elimination. Could be as simple as a loose connection to the cruise unit. Cruise units are not prone to failure but connections to the module and clutch and brake pedal switches are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.