cruise control and lock problem - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2005, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
moe19x is an unknown quantity at this point
cruise control and lock problem

i have a 98 328i, one of the problems i have noticed is when the car hasnt fully warmed up and i use to the cruise control thing, it feels like it works for a second and then lets go. i have to do it a couple times b4 it works properly. some one said i need to spray lubricant somewhere under the hood but im unsure as to where. and the other problem is the rear passenger door lock thing which should work with the central locking system dosent work so i have to manualy lock and unlock the door? some times it works though. what could be causing this?? thanks in advance.
Moe
moe19x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2005, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
kyle_baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kyle_baker Send a message via MSN to kyle_baker Send a message via Yahoo to kyle_baker Send a message via Skype™ to kyle_baker
not sure about the cruise control, but the door locking failure is due to problems with the lock actuator in that door, this is the motor that is supposed to lock it with central locking. mine is bad in my passenger door on my coupe. it is possible that the wires/connector is loose, but more than likely it is worn out and needs to be replaced, i think they are around $60 in bavauto.

cheers!
kyle_baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
moe19x is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_baker
not sure about the cruise control, but the door locking failure is due to problems with the lock actuator in that door, this is the motor that is supposed to lock it with central locking. mine is bad in my passenger door on my coupe. it is possible that the wires/connector is loose, but more than likely it is worn out and needs to be replaced, i think they are around $60 in bavauto.

cheers!
hey thanks, it still works off and on. but anyone have any clue with the cruise control thing??
moe19x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
sqwert.99 is on a distinguished road
Many cc problems are caused by a bad cc amplifier these get failty.

See Tempomat steuergereat defekt? 5GA 004 397 ... oder 83.601 oder .. www.tempomat.speedlinq.nl for more information, they also repair these modules!
sqwert.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)