BMW Werkz banner

Creeking driving me INSANE

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  El Presidente 
#1 ·
i have a 97 328i and for some reason, the rear deck when im driving starts CREEKING. Now I usually drive with one of my rear seats folded down (to get a fuller bass from the trunk), but the creeking is there wether the seat is up or down, just REALLY REALLY bad when it's down. It is definitely coming from the rear deck, it gets really loud whether im driving straight, over bumps, turns, basically anything that moves the car. Is there ANYONE that know what I can do about this? I guess I could just fold the seat up, but it drowns out so much bass. But even wtih the seat up u can still hear it and it is definitely noticable. someone help?

#4 ·
I also have a 97 328i and i just had that problem. But mine was in the front. It was the front strut ball berings that were shit. but i dont know about the back, proly is just the shocks going bad.

Collin

#5 ·
If its a thump... its most likely your shocks being worn out..... depending on how new they are... or your muffeler might be lose.... look up under there from the rear of the car on your left side of the muffeler looking forward... there should be a hanger there... if you look all the way up... it should be connected to a bushing.. some times that bushing gets dry and cracks and falls off.... might be the prob.... I'd just jack the car up... and look underneath and inside your trunk for loose stuff... and tighten it... check your battery too... it might be lose....

GOOD LUCK

#6 ·
no, not the shocks or the muffler. it is coming from the REAR deck, the area right behind the seats next to the rear window. it's coming from up there, not from the bottom of the car

if i were to add dynamat or something, where would i put it? i dont see any solid place to put it, if i look in the trunk underneath the rear deck, there's a bunch of gaps and various holes and stuff.. where would you put the towels or whatever?? do i need to take apart my rear deck again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.