Crazy Heater/ac - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2005, 11:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
gonzonick is an unknown quantity at this point
ok so i had this trouble when i first got the car. The heater/ac only blew on full blast. thats not the real problem only the begining. So then finally i came around to changing the blower resistor pack being that was the cause of this. Oh yea mind you this my heater actually stopped working around december so i have had no heat all these months. it used to work when i first got it. then only worked on the highway. then not at all. Anyway last saturday i was at a stable point. seemed like the outside air was blowing in but it was good because it worked on 1 2 3 and 4. I had that working for a few weeks then one day i heard kind of like a bird chirping noise coming out of the vents and i know i have seen this problem on some forum but i cant find it now!!! well the day after the "birds" were making noises in my vents modes 1 2 and 3 stopped working again but the resistor pack is BRAND NEW. but heres the weird thing you can hear an electronic noise of something trying to open inside the vents when you turn the dial for each level and it works on full blast and has rediculously hot heat coming out which im not used to being that i didnt have that for a while. im thinking the heater box maybe was stuck shut or something and now is opened up? no clue but i brought it to my mechanic he said he needs me to bring the codes in to actually see whats wrong so i dont blow money on random parts. any idea where i can get codes read? I heard on here that Autozone does it for free? they are actually building one right in my town should be open pretty soon. thanks any input on what possibly could be happening?
gonzonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2005, 07:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car: 1993 325i
Photos:
victorgallas is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to victorgallas Send a message via AIM to victorgallas Send a message via MSN to victorgallas
Quote:
Originally posted by gonzonick@Apr 5 2005, 11:42 PM
ok so i had this trouble when i first got the car. The heater/ac only blew on full blast. thats not the real problem only the begining. So then finally i came around to changing the blower resistor pack being that was the cause of this. Oh yea mind you this my heater actually stopped working around december so i have had no heat all these months. it used to work when i first got it. then only worked on the highway. then not at all. Anyway last saturday i was at a stable point. seemed like the outside air was blowing in but it was good because it worked on 1 2 3 and 4. I had that working for a few weeks then one day i heard kind of like a bird chirping noise coming out of the vents and i know i have seen this problem on some forum but i cant find it now!!! well the day after the "birds" were making noises in my vents modes 1 2 and 3 stopped working again but the resistor pack is BRAND NEW. but heres the weird thing you can hear an electronic noise of something trying to open inside the vents when you turn the dial for each level and it works on full blast and has rediculously hot heat coming out which im not used to being that i didnt have that for a while. im thinking the heater box maybe was stuck shut or something and now is opened up? no clue but i brought it to my mechanic he said he needs me to bring the codes in to actually see whats wrong so i dont blow money on random parts. any idea where i can get codes read? I heard on here that Autozone does it for free? they are actually building one right in my town should be open pretty soon. thanks any input on what possibly could be happening?
[snapback]326426[/snapback]
Depending on the year of your car, there is no way to pull codes from the ac cmputer, only a dealer, since you need a modic man to do it.
Autozone can only retrieve engine codes, since those tools are standartized on the industry, but to acces other systems on the car, only a bmw MODIC pc can do it.. do its dealer time..

and i should not worry about pulling codes, but rather checking electrical wiring fro good contacts and all. remenber there are several sevo motors and sensor on the ac/heater system, is resistance biulds up, the computer doesnt know whats going on..
hope this helps./

Fraude an Fahren
BMW > Bayerische Motorenwerke

Auf Viedersehen der herr

www.clemsonfsae.com
victorgallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)