Crash! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 08:48 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ghettoflow21 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
hey guys,

i just got into a crash with my 325i 1994. The front was hit, where the two "rectangles" are with the chrome. That part was pushed in. Everything else is completely fine: no scratches, nothing. However, the bigger problem is that because it was pushed in, the hood now is not able to open. How much do you think this would cost? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 08:53 PM
1st Gear Member

abemcclellan is an unknown quantity at this point
you should post some pics, and we might be able to range a price for you. but you have to keep in mind that we aren't the body shop, these are only our opinions. to me, it doesn't sound like it will be a fortune, but it'll take some money.
#3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 09:09 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
So the grill was pushed in and the hood won't open right? Is the hood bent at all? If not you prolly just need a grill and latch.... not sure how much that would be but not too much. You could prolly call a salvage place and get it cheap. I would recomend Vines Salvage in Alabama. They have good quick service, good prices and good shipping prices.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 09:13 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
the hood is bent a little bit...probably because the grille was pushed in...it is very minimal, but you can tell from the side, because the sides because they do not come into contact with the rest of the car like it should...any price range would help...maybe between $500-$1K?
#5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 09:16 PM
3rd Gear Member

B3M2W5i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to B3M2W5i
well pics would help but are you looking to replace the nose panel and hood or just fix them?

Cashmere Beige Metallic
#6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 09:17 PM
1st Gear Member

dblmikeusa1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had someone vandalize my car in that exact area. The piece is made out of a stiff aluminum of all things. They are very easy to bend, with a little strength. I have been pricing them lately and the ranges I have found are between $80-$200 unpainted and the grilles are around 20-40 a piece. The name of the piece is called the "front panel" and they are universal, so if you find one they should all fit. If you are replacing it you should upgrade to the 97-98 piece to give your ride a fresher look! The only way to take them off is to get the hood open. Like I said before, they are easy to bend. So trash the one you have by cutting it with some shears and hopefully you can get the hood open. If you want removal instructions pm me and I will create it for you.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 09:58 PM
350z

bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bigred318 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred318
i think presidente got in an accident where the front got damaged might wanna talk to him..

david
#8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member

ganjacyde is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ganjacyde Send a message via MSN to ganjacyde
you can buy a nose panel from http://www.bavauto.com for like $100 or something around that

most body shops should be able to repair your hood without replacing it if the damage isn't that bad.

overall you're probably talking about $500.

<embed src="http://www.svcountryclub.com/upload/e36m42.swf" width="420" height="140" background="none" menu="false">
#9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 10:52 PM
2nd Gear Member

Linds has a reputation beyond repute Linds has a reputation beyond repute Linds has a reputation beyond repute Linds has a reputation beyond repute Linds has a reputation beyond repute Linds has a reputation beyond repute Linds has a reputation beyond repute Linds has a reputation beyond repute Linds has a reputation beyond repute Linds has a reputation beyond repute Linds has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Linds
I hit a deer a couple of months ago (yes, I live in bumblefuck) and the hood needed to be replaced, one fender needed to be bent back into shape, one grill piece needed to be replaced, and, of course, everything needed a paint job. $2g. Thank the lord for comprehensive coverage. Hopefully yours won't be that much, but don't be surprised if the body shop gives you a high quote.

Coming soon...
#10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:34 AM
n00b

325Andre is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought my 92 with a damaged grill panel and a small dent in the hood. The dealership in my area wants $138 for a new grill panel. I thought that was quite reasonable seeing as how I almost bought one off of ebay for $85 and shipping on top of that.

As far as the hood goes, you may have just bent the hardware that locks the hood in place due to the fact that the grill panel was moved.
#11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 09:25 AM
4th Gear Member

93 325i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 93 325i
Hood you can get for $130, nose panel $50, new grills $40, shipping all that stuff $100. I found a local shop that would prime, paint, and install for $250. I know this because I just had all this done..All in all expect to drop $500-$700 depending how much you get a shop to paint and install..

Complete mod list and pics:

My 1993 325i
#12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 08:22 PM
n00b

motown3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ghettoflow21@Jan 5 2005, 08:48 PM
hey guys,

i just got into a crash with my 325i 1994. The front was hit, where the two "rectangles" are with the chrome. That part was pushed in. Everything else is completely fine: no scratches, nothing. However, the bigger problem is that because it was pushed in, the hood now is not able to open. How much do you think this would cost? Thanks
[snapback]265129[/snapback]
Looks can be deceiving. I had a quote for $2600 for the damage on a 93 325i. Here are pics on the post. I am doing the repair myself. I have purchased all of the parts, including new lights (angel eyes) for $859. Now waiting on the weekend to put everything on. I will have a new post with progress.

http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/index.php?...80&#entry251680

"Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate"
#13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 09:31 AM
4th Gear Member

93 325i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 93 325i
damn..a shop could easily rack up over 2 grand for that damage.. Good luck with the repair tho. That will take at least a weekend to do all that.

Complete mod list and pics:

My 1993 325i
#14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 11:07 AM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Okay lets play it smart here...if you have insurance that covers your car don't worry about it...and go fix your car

If you do have insurance and its your fault, or if you dont have insurance and either case you're paying for it....then read on:

sounds like you just need a new nose panel, if your hood is bent then you can hammer it out or get a shop to hammer it out for not that much. (around $50 or less, it will be a 2 min job and then you could sand and paint yourself after)

for the nose panel: go to ebay or bavauto buy one for like $125.00, then go to www.paintscratch.com and buy the 12 oz paint kit for your car's color and they will send ou primer, base coat, clear coat and all that good shit for $57.98 is the price of that kit.

Wait til fed ex comes then unwrap, check for fitment, paint that panel...(I even think BavaAuto sends it primed and ready to be painted so that saves you all the sanding and priming work) it takes about half a day to do this....plus you'll have extra paint and primer to do your hood if it was bent!

okay now you've spent about $190.00 and you got one thing left...switching the bad panel with the good. El Pres told me himself that when he got his panel fixed he realized it wasn't welded onto the car but it was connected by a very intricated series of bolts that could be unscrewed. The only thing is you will have to remove the entire front of your car...the fogs, the bumper, the lights and maybe the cowl trim above and below the engine (if your car has that)...anyway my point is I'm not sure of tthe DIY difficulties for doing this but I'm sure if you opted to take it in any shop can't possibly charge more than a $100 (if that much) to remove the old panel and install the new one.

Oh....hopefully your radiator, fan or interior front end engine components' didn't get damaged then you're looking at real money.....

anyway I think you can do all these exterior cosmetic repairs for under $300!

#15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 04:14 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
I think possibly some of the performance parts were damaged; the fan, i'm not sure if it is supposed to run, but when the engine is on and in park, it is not moving. However, the car seems to be running fine, but there seems to be a noise coming from that area where it seems as though the grille is preventing something from turning, although it sounds like there is something revolving around that area...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)