crap salesman - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 06:12 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
scottcbr600 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
crap salesman

hi guys, just a note from a newbie to uk people. last year i brought a 1998 323ise from gerard motorsports in loughborough uk. he prides himself on selling prestige cars. the day i got it, filled it up. the pipe was split between the tanks, which he fixed no probs. the aircon didnt work, rear door central locking didnt work, which he also fixed. BUT, i had a rumbling noise at 20mph which went through the whole car. took it back twice said he couldnt find anything wrong. in the end i took it to jeff fowkes wheels in ibstock leicestershire. immeadiatley he told me that gerard had put the cheapest tyres next to remoulds on the back! and he had put 5 series 15 inch schnitzer alloys on which had the wrong offset, where they had them from id love to know. so i had to pay 600 pounds for new alloys and tyres. further more the rear axle was 10mm out of alignment and the front was 2mm out. i spoke to julian gerard, and he told me to fax the report to him. then 2days later i got a letter from him saying he thought then report was ok, given the age of the car! and a measly 100pounds towards the cost of the new wheels. the cars ok now. but needless to say, i wouldnt buy a pram off gerard motorsports now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 07:42 PM
1st Gear Member

BImmerN2B is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't feel bad, I had the same problem and the tires and wheels were shitty. One of the rims were bent and the alignment was all screwed up. I had to spend $800 to get rims and tires with the right offset. And come to find out that my water pump was going out, front seal was leaking, camshaft sensor was failing, crankshaft sensor was'nt working either. right rear lock was shot and had to replace the whole thing, PCV cracked and a bunch of air leaks( still got some), bad thermostat and more stuff that I can remember.

Just keep in mind that the seller doesn't care about you but making the sale and not about customer service. Oh yeah, BMW kept my car for a month and a half for 5 days of work and the complete work was $4300. Thank God it was under warranty.
#3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 03:54 PM
n00b

dirtybeemer is on a distinguished road
I trust you both went to trading standards with this, as far as im aware if you buy a car from a dealer then he is liable for any defects to be put right i would pop along and have a word after all there is no harm in trying and they might help you to get the money back you have paid out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)