1st Gear Member
Join Date: May 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Originally Posted by dementievafan
ok maybe just the ppl who actually know these basic knowledge
1. i have a e36 coupe, 97 328is - what kind of hid's do i need?
2. are polyeurothane bumpers good?
3. can you really get OEM not (oem fit) clear tails?
4. whats the avg lifetime of a normal bmw hid kit
thanks in advance again
Originally Posted by ///M Power
1. First you need to purchase European ellipoidal headlights. Basically you need those headlights with the little focusing glass in it. Some brands that are popular are ZKW , DJ Auto, and DEPO's. I'd recommend staying away from DJ Auto. My friend has had quite a bit of problems with them.
Then you'll need an HID kit. Good brands include XTec and Apexcone. These include a bulb, a ballast, and an ignitor. Some brands have the ignitor built into the ballast unit.
Then you need to decide what temperature you want. This decides what color HID and usable light output.
3000K - alright, very yellow
4300K - best output, whiteish blue
6000K - bluish
8000k - purple
anything above 8000K should nto even be considered. In fact dont even pick 8000K.
Originally Posted by WarNox
does all this need to be bought from specialists shops or do normal car parts stores have HID kits? and is this the same as angel eyes? im lost when it comes to lights, thnx!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|A couple of questions??||mack10j||3-Series (E36)||5||06-02-2006 09:53 AM|
|Couple of simple questions||1faste36||3-Series (E36)||11||12-12-2005 09:15 PM|
|Couple of Questions||rborak318iS||3-Series (E36)||5||10-02-2005 08:21 PM|
|Just got my new car and have a couple of questions||gaudi||3-Series (E46, E90)||3||07-15-2004 05:46 PM|
|couple questions||2Crucial||5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)||19||03-13-2004 05:06 AM|