COuld use some advice 93 318is - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
bimmerburke is on a distinguished road
COuld use some advice 93 318is

I thin i might have made a mistake recently I purchased a 93 318is for $2500. i have a receipt for a motor swapped that i was told has 50k on motor. the car reads 138k. it does have star m3 black rims and new profile tires. It runs well just has a few other problems. The seats are in great condition. Needs new door panels. needs sunroof motor cover, also sunroof interior shuttle, glove box sags. and needs new headliner. tint on windows needs to be redone and could use a paint job but i think a good buff and was would work. I am currently having problems with the sunroof not working and rattles I tried to change motor and switch still nothing. Passenger window I have to push button multiple times for it to go all the way up. also a/c is cold but sometimes doesn't blow strong or seem that cold during the day when hot out. I am having second thought on what to do. DID i get ripped off? SHOULD i keep or sell? if you think i should keep some info on how to fix problems please. Thank you everyone who can help

Last edited by bimmerburke; 06-19-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: wrong word
bimmerburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
If it's running well, those problems are not unusual for a car that old. I think it can be fixed up, have a go at the important things first. The A/C may just need a recharge, but please have any leaks found and fixed first.

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 88 super ETA, 95 525i
Photos:
darkhorse737 is on a distinguished road
Cool

dunno where you are at, why you bought the car in that condition, or whether you have the resources to "restore" it...

Kelly blue book wise<www.kbb.com> has always been my guide really... but considering you are already "there"... the Q remains to be... "what resources do you have to work with?"

i.e. got a pick-n-pull place nearby where u can get the parts you need? or are u willing to go the extra mile and spend long sleepless nights scouring over eBay offerings and such... OR, swallow the cost and buy dealer parts. THAT CHOICE IS YOURS ALONE.

Re: Sunroof not working.... after all that you have replaced, I would start at checking your power source for juice. (No pun intended... it could just have been a blown fuse; and if not the fuse, trace the voltage line; and then the ground line.)

Re: A/C - sometimes cold, or sometimes not... that is typical of too much oil, or too much freon in system; or a failing a/c pressure switch. Really, the only way to figure that out is to hook a manifold guage across your high and low ports and send us the readings... watch the magnetic clutch on the compressor. does it cycle on & off? does it run continously... and does your fan come on (if u have an a/c electric fan)?

Re: passenger window....
that is typical of a window track gone bad... or the regulator clutch motor beginning to fail

to fix, or to sell?... that depends on your mechanical savvy and your willingness to get down and maybe dirty... ;-)

Last edited by darkhorse737; 06-19-2008 at 10:12 PM.
darkhorse737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)