BMW Werkz banner

Correct Colour Of Coolant In Radiator

7K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Delmarco 
#1 ·
Can anyone confirm the correct colour of Coolant ?

My Expansion tank is showing a light green colour, My previous post says ive got a heating problem which ive been told is a thermostat problem as my temp gauge does not hit normal operating temps, blower pushing out very minimal heat at the moment

Hawks

#5 ·
Originally posted by hawksdrift@Nov 20 2004, 06:52 PM

My Expansion tank is showing a light green colour, My previous post says ive got a heating problem which ive been told is a thermostat problem as my temp gauge does not hit normal operating temps, blower pushing out very minimal heat at the moment

Hawks
[snapback]234453[/snapback]​
Anti-freeze is colorless when manufactured and the manufacturer adds the coloring. Much to much agonizing over using BMW Blue, I use ZEREX G-05 (same stuff Mercedes and other European manufacturers use) in my 1988 750 ( and yes this is one expensive engine)and it works just great. I pay about $9.00 per gallon at Auto Zone (Pep Boys sells this as well).

#7 ·
Originally posted by hawksdrift@Nov 20 2004, 06:52 PM

Hawks
[snapback]234453[/snapback]​

Get that green goop outta your tank ASAP!!!! BMW coolant is ice-blue like washer fluid. Get a full coolant flush and replace with BMW coolant only....the dealer will charge you $150. So just buy BMW coolant $19 a gallon and DIY or let your mechanic do it.

I had the same problem last week when I went for an oil change at my local car wash and the mechanic decided to top off the brownish greenish (unknown) coolant that was already in my coolant tank from when I bought my car with that nasty toxic green stuff. Anway my engine stayed cold for longer than average when I started my car and I found out I was heading for problems if I kept that green coolant in my car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.