BMW Werkz banner

Coolant Drain Plug.

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  RIBEMR26 
#1 ·
Where the hell is my drain plug? Also to anyone who has done this: did you have to use a floor jack or is it possible to get to the plug with out one? I'm thinking I'll probably need a jack. My car is not lowered btw.

#3 ·
Thanks alot man! You're a lifesaver.

#5 ·
My coolant drain plug is right above the oil drain plug.
Good think I double checked because I wasn't prepared for an oil change.
:D

#6 ·
My coolant drain plug is right above the oil drain plug.
Good think I double checked because I wasn't prepared for an oil change.
LOL, I heard that..

#7 ·
You definitely should use Jack Stands or ramps...it is not as accessible as the oil drain plug as it is up near the headers, and it is messy, so you need to be able to unscrew it and get out of the way FAST...don't feel like a douche if you wear goggles...protect your eyes....

BTW...don't go under your car if it is just jacked up...I bought ramps at Walmart for like $30...they are worth it if you plan on working on your car yourself...

#8 ·
Good Idea, too bad its snowing right now.

#9 ·
Yeah, we usually just get ice here. Wrecks everywhere in Dallas today. Glad my bimmers in the garage!
:yezfunny from the snow thread....

Dude...do it in your garage....

#10 ·
Originally posted by RIBEMR26@Dec 22 2004, 06:38 PM
Yeah, we usually just get ice here. Wrecks everywhere in Dallas today. Glad my bimmers in the garage!
:yezfunny from the snow thread....

Dude...do it in your garage....
[snapback]256697[/snapback]​
My drain plug is brass and is at the bottom of the car. All the dealer could find was a plastic one and it won't fit! Any ideas?

#11 ·
I'm not sure what you're asking....can you be more specific?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.