BMW Werkz banner

Convetible roof trouble

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  felt7916 
#1 ·
Hi,

got some problems with my roof folding away :( (and it has been sunny in the UK for once)

The roof folds away nicely, and then when the lid closes over the cover, it goes down almost all the way, to the point where it should be puklled down by the two hooks at the front, which then lock the lid down for driving, however the two hooks at the front never seem to come into action, i.e. the roof stops operating before the front gets pulled down.

The whole thing might be a synchronizing job, as the motors controlling the roof have to be in time with the roof position.... but am not sure, does anyone know if this can be fixed , or weather its a dealer job.

Cheers

#2 ·
I would hesitate to say anything is a "dealer" job (big $$$). Search around and find a local mechanic who deals with convertible tops, replacing them etc. I'm also not a mechanic. Someone here might have a better answer for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.