conversion german to american - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2004, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
camelkicker2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anybody know what the differances arebetween the German E 36 325i and the American . I am bringing one home withme and Iwant to try to convert it before I hit the American shores to save cash and put it into my car's performance.
camelkicker2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2004, 11:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Autotechnica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Autotechnica Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
.adsf
<a href='http://www.automobile-technik.com' target='_blank'>- PARTS FOR SALE</a>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/atta...tc=1&quot;&gt;
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Car:
Photos:
dutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dutchbmw
Only the Euro M3 E36 cars are very different from the US versions. The others (e.g. 318, 325 and 328) are very similar!

Originally Posted by Torque
I was just dropped off here by aliens one day. They got bored with me.
dutchbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Twin Que is an unknown quantity at this point

There are several places in Germany that can answer that question. Start with a military base (Kaserne) transportation office. They know the requirements. The answers are free. You probably won't like the end result..... about 3-5K for the conversion.
Warning..... when you return to the states, maintenance will be much different for you because your car will be considered a "gray" market vehicle. There are subtle differences in things like oil filters, light bulb replacements, ect..... Many of us weighed the additional costs and just decided to bring back an american spec vehicle instead. In the long run, you will dish out more $$$s with a euro spec vehicle...
Been there, done that.....
Good luck!!!!
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)