Coil spring issue 94 325ic - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:33 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
solara is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Coil spring issue 94 325ic

Hi
I am new here - just purchased a '94 vert in great shape.
Have changed the water pump and belts and am going through the rest of the routine maintenance stuff like fluids,etc.
The other day I heard a big bang and found I have a broken rear coil spring on my car. I had purchased a set of springs years ago for my 318ti as an upgrade off ebay. But I have lost the info on the springs, the fellow I got them from upgrade his car to H&R coils.
Problem is I am having a hard time cross referencing the number on the spring, it does nopt show up on RealOEM BMW parts...
The code is 11 38312 the springs are 9.25" high, have 7 coils and the thickness coil itself is + 5/8" thick.....I have searched everywhere, so I am hoping someone here my know.
Thanks in advance,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:08 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure about the part number but the 318ti springs will not work with your car. All of the 6cly non-M3 springs will work. It is common for the original spring coils to break particularly near the top of the spring/progressive coil.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:26 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
springs

The springs were a fast purchase not to OEM the TI, I thought I might be able to upgrade the TI suspension.
So my problem is identifying these springs....Thanks for the response....I am at a dead end with these. It is hard to believe that these are so hard to ID
Cheers....
#4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 02:55 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
Are you trying to ID the springs on the vert? Or the ones from the ti? I'm confused now.
#5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 04:31 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Claification

I am trying to see if a set of springs I bought off ebay part #11 38312 (stamped on the rear coil spring) would work on my '94 325ic - which has a broken rear coil.
I had purchased those to see if they could work on my TI...which the TI is long gone.
I thought since I have them maybe I could use them....but am finding it impossible to know what car these springs are off.....I know they were for a three series.
Sorry for the confusion, but essentially I am trying to find what these springs will fit.
Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)