Clutch pedal squeeking on release of pedal - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2004, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
theogill is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to theogill
WHile changing gears, on the release of the pedal (when I move my foot back toward me), there is a creaking/squeeking sound ,like the pedal needs some WD40 or something. Where do I lubriucate? Or is this a sign that my clutch is on the fritz--as a friend of mine thinks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2004, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
B3M2W5i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to B3M2W5i
i would also like some info on this subject because i have the same problem
Old 08-28-2004, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Cgarjeff is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a little plastic bushing all the way up on the pedal hinge...UUC sells a "self lubricating" replacement bushing. Well worth the $20. Is a bitch to replace though...you need a vice to compress the return spring and zip tie it, before reinstallation. Check it out at their website http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/
Cgarjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
wavewuver is an unknown quantity at this point
I installed the UUC bushings about a month ago and the problem went away, but came back again after a few weeks. So, I just took out the UUC bushings, which looked fine and reinstalled them. This time I used good old fashioned wheel bearing grease on all the moving parts. So far so good, but it's only been a day.
wavewuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bimmerboy328i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bimmerboy328i
I removed the dash part undeneath the steering wheel and got up under there with some WD40. Mine sounds like the spring or something in that area needed lubication. Sprayed, and probably went away. Now it's back.
- 97 M52 Beast - Vortech V-1 Supercharger Setup - Dinan Software - 28.8lb Injectors - 9psi - ZKW's - OEM Clears - DoubleSpoke II's - OEM M3 Spoiler - OEM M3 Front Bumper - 20% Tint - CCFL Angel Eyes - 6K Xtec HIDs in ZKWs - 6k H1 based D2S HID's in Foglights - Bilstein Sport Shocks - Eibach Sportline Springs - Cosmos Racing CAI - M50 Manifold Swap - UUC Motorwerks SystemU Exhaust - Fan Delete - 3.15 LSD -
bimmerboy328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
theogill is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to theogill
Wavewuver,
Let us know how it goes. I bought the UUC bushings, but it sounds like such a bastard to replace that I'm not doing it myself, if at all--especially if it has not been the cure all. I'm a big guy, and replacing the brake light switch was an exercise in contortionism.
Get back to usand let us know if the trouble was worth it!
Also, did you need a spring vice to compress the spring, or was it as bad as others say it is?
Thanks
Old 09-14-2004, 03:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
frank de jonge is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to frank de jonge
So best is just put on wheel bearing grease???

I do it immmediatly.

Drive fast, Fly low, Drive a BMW
frank de jonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
nycbmw325is is an unknown quantity at this point
I had (and have again) the same noise on a 92 325IS. Before checking out this well known problem, I first tried spraying wd-40 . That worked for oh .. about a day. Then I listened closely and I seemed to hear like a spring sound. So I pulled the pedal (yes being 6' 225 lbs it was PITA) and cleaned and greased the spring assmebly which has metal caps on either end and a plunger type guide through the middle. I also lubed the bushing with wheel bearing grease. Two months later, I can say that the spring sound is still gone, and the creaking noise is present, but minimal. the spring is not that hard to compress, you dont need a big vice or anything, but you do need to compress it more than you think. My suggestion is to put the spring in the vice start comprewssing it and then figure out where you can put two zip ties so as to get the maximum compression. then compress the spring till the coils all touch and tighten down the zip ties. this will give you enough room to get that damn pivot pin back in place.
I also dont suggest you bring this to a mechanic, becuase do you really want some gorilla in filthy clothes climbing all over your nice interior, having no better knowledge than you do doing this work? just set aside two hours, get yourself warmed up (no i am not kidding, go for a short jog and then stretch out) grab a couple of old towels so you can prop up your head, throw an old blanket over the drivers seat, the whole seat not just the seat cushion part, recline the seat all the way and dive under the dash with your feet in the back seat. no fun, but at least your interior wont get wrecked by someone who doesn't care about it ...
nycbmw325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)