Climate Control - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2005, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gear Member

Car: 2012 328i
Photos:
BeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Why are there two seperate area's on the passenger and driver's side for climate control AND the dial that goes from warm to cold air! I mean, there's no invisible line so that two people can actually have different temps... and I don't understand how the dial plays into it.... AND... WHERE'S THE HEATER?!

There's no answer for this... is there?
BeachBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2005, 08:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
quality

Car: 2001 330i & 2011 550i
Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
no.....................Miss Bunny! :P

:P Actually it's the air blowing out of the vents that vary in temperature...if you notice the vents on the passenger side blow at the passenger and the drivers side vents blow at the driver.

In fact it actually works, my girlfriend gets cold and I tend to get hot whiles driving for some reason. And during our 4 hour roadtrip to DC last january her vent dial was on 80 and mines was on 60 and the difference was very noticable when I reached my hand across to her side. It was warmer and more humid whiles my side was cooler and drier.

Nowadays most cars have emulated this technology to the point where you can have 4 different air temp zones in the cabin at once...I know for a fact BMW 745il and the Audi Flagship Sedans have this feature and some newer SUVs...
Old 03-20-2005, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gear Member

Photos:
BeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Delmarco@Mar 20 2005, 06:41 AM
no.....................Miss Bunny! :P

:P Actually it's the air blowing out of the vents that vary in temperature...if you notice the vents on the passenger side blow at the passenger and the drivers side vents blow at the driver.

In fact it actually works, my girlfriend gets cold and I tend to get hot whiles driving for some reason. And during our 4 hour roadtrip to DC last january her vent dial was on 80 and mines was on 60 and the difference was very noticable when I reached my hand across to her side. It was warmer and more humid whiles my side was cooler and drier.

Nowadays most cars have emulated this technology to the point where you can have 4 different air temp zones in the cabin at once...I know for a fact BMW 745il and the Audi Flagship Sedans have this feature and some newer SUVs...
[snapback]315080[/snapback]

Then mine must be broken! I mean... the temp of the car is the temp of the car... and I get cold REALLY bad! I've tried to pay attention, but there's just no difference to me. There's only so much space in a little 3 series. I think that since cars are SUV's nowadays, there's so much room that your vent is YOUR vent. AND, when the temps are at diff settings, who gets the big one? AND!... why is there no heater button?

People ask me this aallll the time! I need an answer Oh yea, and why is there a setting for hot and cold air? The new one's just have one setting.... Ugh, this bothers me.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
quality

Car: 2001 330i & 2011 550i
Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
I'm not sure what you mean "setting for heater". I think you mean that little button or dial you see in cheap american cars that basically turns the heat on....

In the BMW The vents temperature are more precise than that which is why you get numbers for setting the cabin temperature you desire ....60,70,80 etc...I always assume that hot is 80 and cool is 60 and ice cold is when you press the AC button (and turn on the AC compressor).

The Big Vent above the radio is independent of the other vents in the cabin and has its own temperature dial right under it....it is the horizontal dial with the blue (cool air) and re (hot air) dots under it. In fact, last summer when some of my friends were in the backseat of my car during a hot summers day driving on the Palisades Highway they led me to realize that the Big Vent is aimed directly at the rear seats and any air coming out of there blows on the rear seat passenger. I had it set on warm and they were all hot whiles our vents in the front were on cool (and the AC was on as well)

Miss Bunny...I understand you have an IS and not a sedan so I can't say on how the performance of your air ventilation system should be or if it would be different than mine.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Gear Member

Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Delmarco@Mar 20 2005, 07:19 AM
I'm not sure what you mean "setting for heater". I think you mean that little button or dial you see in cheap american cars that basically turns the heat on....

In the BMW The vents temperature are more precise than that which is why you get numbers for setting the cabin temperature you desire ....60,70,80 etc...I always assume that hot is 80 and cool is 60 and ice cold is when you press the AC button (and turn on the AC compressor).

The Big Vent above the radio is independent of the other vents in the cabin and has its own temperature dial right under it....it is the horizontal dial with the blue (cool air) and re (hot air) dots under it. In fact, last summer when some of my friends were in the backseat of my car during a hot summers day driving on the Palisades Highway they led me to realize that the Big Vent is aimed directly at the rear seats and any air coming out of there blows on the rear seat passenger. I had it set on warm and they were all hot whiles our vents in the front were on cool (and the AC was on as well)

Miss Bunny...I understand you have an IS and not a sedan so I can't say on how the performance of your air ventilation system should be or if it would be different than mine.
[snapback]315101[/snapback]

OHHHH!! Yes,I see now! I just needed a good answer for that common question I get when someone is in my car... ya know? Much thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)