Check engine light, on start up.. Other things as well (93' 325is 5speed) - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
pmsskg is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Check engine light, on start up.. Other things as well (93' 325is 5speed)

1993 325IS 2door 5speed 2.5l M50 DOHC

Hey everyone, I am not really freaking out.... Kinda had a bad day today, rain didn't help... Check engine light came on after work when I started up my car.. Not on the initial start up, but once I put it in 1st and drove it came on then went off... checked my power steering it was black!.. Gotta change it out... No struts on hood so I had to hold it up with my head in the rain, over filled my power fluid resevoir; so I used napkins to soak alot of it out... went from black to 1/4 red,,, 4/5 black... I am going to fill resevoir and empty till red.. I have tomorrow off of work and no rain so I hope I can get stuff situated.. Bad day eh? Well it happened again, only when I put in first and pull off, doesn't happen when I am idling at alight just on the initial go of the car at first...

- I tried that pedal trick, and I have done it so much I am afraid I will flood my system.. I am turning to pos. 2 and instantly pressing 5 times? do you wait unitl the SRS light goes off then do it?...

I also noticed something very strange, I have seen it over the power steering fluid this whole time, never checked it.. when I checked that, the damn hose was loose...... The opposite end of it is under the plastic on the engine, I can squat down and move the hose over the resevoir and see it wiggling... It is between the engine and the exhaust manifold... Connected roughly towards the back of the bay, near the windshield.. What does the other end connect to? It is down around my power steering resevoir, or is it like my diesel truck at work, that hose is suppose to be lose for emission purposes?

Alot of messed up things, hope my baby doesn't blow up on me

But first thing tomorrow, changing out power steering fluid the ghetto way.

any help will be grateful.. Also no slip in performance, was told once if its working fine, don't fix it!
pmsskg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)