Changing Instrument Cluster - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 11:57 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
StokeM3Rep is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Angry Changing Instrument Cluster

ok here it goes ....

Problem 1

when i change the cluster i need the same milage obviously as my old one,

i have people sayin i need to change the cluster and then its all ok,
some people say there is a chip in the cluster and a reading on the ECU that have 2 match or there is a warning light to do with the milage not being the same.
If so, can i change the chip in the cluster that has the reading on becuase i now have 3 days left until i have to pay up and im not buying something i cant use 100%, i want the thing fixed not a halfway there fix. Its really irritating because no mater how many times i raise this issue it gets a few replys not tellin me much at all and then its so far down the page its never seen again!!!

problem 2

my sunroof moves back and forward but it will not close propperly, one half of it goes up into the closed possition and the other stays down a few cm's its past annoying now its infuriating me does anyone know how i can solve this ?

Problem 3

I NEED THE BENTLEY GUIDE NO LINKS WORK IN THE STICKY!!!

thanks guys.

Evo (chris)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 03:50 PM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
problem one, you have to take the car to a dealership to get the odometer flashed to the proper mileage.

problem two, you will have to screw around with the sunroof, and to be totally honest its a pain in the ass, id rather pay to get someone to do it, even experienced techs have trouble getting the sunroof to sit properly, in your case it might just be a bad seal or maybe one of the arms is slightly bent, or just simply needs to be readjusted.

#3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 05:04 PM
n00b

StokeM3Rep is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
ive been lookin at the manual .... Problem 3 solved LOL ... and i think i might try and make the adjustment, if it dont sit right will that stop it going into the second stage where the sunroof pops up ?cuz it wont do that ive tryed 2 manually force it by turning the motor n it wont moveive been lookin n i think im gonna check the alignment of the cogs like the manual sez i think that may be the problem if after that it dont work ill change it

any idea if a BMW garage will charge through the roof 2 reset the milage so far the clocks ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/bmw-e36-clocks...QQcmdZViewItem ) will they go in ??? they look the same hopefully they will lol cuz ive already made a bid lol
thanx for the help

Evo

#4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 12:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Redbullrr is on a distinguished road
I have a problem with my car. My mileage on was 120K when I got the car, I checked it out with BMW and CarFax reported it, everything came back okay. Suddenly I had a wierd electric problem on the cluster. The mileage jumped to 300K then back down to 200K, now its sitting somewere around 250K, and it goes up and down. I called BMW and they said that this problem happens from time to time that they can simply read the actualy miles on the ECU and program the Cluster. I think its expensive as hell though, so I havent done it yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)