BMW Werkz banner

Cat Back Exhaust Question

3K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  Active Autowerke II 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 1999 e36 cabrio and I want a little more throaty of a sound. I don't want a loud "ricer" sound but a throatier version of a the original BMW exhaust note. What do you recommend as a mature guys exhaust. I'm not 18 anymore and my wife often drives this car so just a nice sounding non ricer exhaust is what I'm looking for. I also don't want those "Pimp My Ride" style 10" diameter exhaust tips. What do you guys recommend..??

-Acoustic

#27 ·
I don't see why anyone would change their exhaust if it's quiet. I thought people change their exhaust to make it as loud as possible:D

Mine is stock, but it makes a decent sound (not loud) when idling. The exhaust is rusty:D. It’s illegal here to install loud exhaust.

#28 ·
///M Power said:
Does anyoen knwo what brands of exhausts are even availible for the 323? It has a single pipe going down the chasis.

Your optiosn are:
find a 323 based exhaust
or
custom fabricate twin pipes downt he chasis, although then you'll need another cat convertor and this would be more expensive.
For the 323 not there aren't that many options available. What you can do is get the stock midpipes form an e36 M3 and use that which will be an improvement and then use and aftermarket exhuast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.