Carbon fiber m3 style side mirrors - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-21-2003, 12:46 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
paul2k is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Have anyone tried this kind on mirrors on a non-black car? http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g10431638

My 325i is aqua-blue so I was wondering how they would look on my car. This store have beeen selling these mirrors on Yahoo Auctions for under 10,000Yen (about US$90). I'm thinking that they would look too-after-market, but who knows, they may look great after all FYI, I'm thinking about getting the non-benz style (without the side markers).

Any comments will be appreciated,

Paul

Here's a recent pic of my car
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E36.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	365.2 KB
ID:	4233  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-21-2003, 01:04 AM
5th Gear Member

the///man is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought u said your car was aqua blue..in the picture its silver? those mirrors would look best on a black car but i think you could pull it off on a silver car as well just as long as you have some other carbon fiber high-lights around the exterior
#3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2003, 01:48 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply, ///M man. My car is actually aqua blue (or light blue, however you may call it). I think you checked my car before on this post http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/index.php?...wtopic=2850&hl=

I just happen to have a really bad camera (and photographic skills) Sorry.

Anyway, back on topic. I was thinking the same way you did. They would probably look good as long as I have some other cf high-lights which I don't think I'll ever have. Plus I just found out why the mirrors are that cheap. I translated the page (my Jap reading skills are really bad) and they are actually not Carbon Fiber but "Carbon Fiber Paint Style".

I guess I'll keep looking form some cheap OEM mirrors. Hope to find some sooner than later.

Paul
#4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2003, 02:12 AM
5th Gear Member

the///man is an unknown quantity at this point
check out this guy's car. he has some carbon fiber on his 328.

either you have a bunch of it on your car, or you shouldnt have any. be sure that you get true carbon fiber not painted stuff! plus if u get the m3 mirrors be sure you get power ones
#5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2003, 07:10 AM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
carbon fibre mirrors have a tendency to crack (clearcoat) from high impact stone chipping.

#6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2003, 01:04 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the input, Furious. I finally decided not to go with CF as they would look kinda out of place on my car. I think painted M3 OEM mirrors would look best. Or just keeping the stock ones.
#7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 04:59 AM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
no problem paul, basically with those CF mirrors its like only 2 layers of CF at the most and then they thicken the skin by adding clearcoat (lots of it) now this clear coat will heat up, cool down , sustain heavy fire from road debrit, you can imagine what can happen the CF will be fine but it will look quite ugly with lots of clear cracks in it. believe me ive seen already 2!! sets of CF mirrors with heavy cracks. however being in canada the temp change is quite drastic from time to time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)