Car problems ANY HELP? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 05:55 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
drkangldc is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I bought my about a month ago or so. It is a 1994 318iS with 83000 miles. There are a couple of things that have bothered me about it. I was once driving the car (since i was in a rush i was kinda pushing it) all of the sudden the car started loosing power and a warning light on the dash came on (looks like a gear with an exclamation point). I floored the pedal and the car did not accelerate much. I arrived were i had to go and left the car parked for a couple of hours. When i came out and drove the car it worked perfectly. It hasn't given me that problem again, but the fact that it happended still worries me. Another problem is that when the car is stopped and i accelerate, i hear a noice and a bumpy sensation around the driver area, it feels like its somewhere on the bottom. It is really breaf and goes away shortly, but it is really noticeable. Additionally, whenever i make somewhat sharp right turns the car makes a wierd noise. The car also makes wierd muffler sounds as i mentioned on another thread, but i think that'll be fixed once i replace the muffler. I know these are a lot of questions, but i also know that a lot of you guys work on your BMWs and have had them for a long time. I would appreciate any comments that would help me out on any of these matters. If you guys need any clarifications on the problems or anything, just ask . Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 11:20 PM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
Quote:
Originally posted by drkangldc@Jul 5 2004, 04:35 PM
I bought my about a month ago or so. It is a 1994 318iS with 83000 miles. There are a couple of things that have bothered me about it. I was once driving the car (since i was in a rush i was kinda pushing it) all of the sudden the car started loosing power and a warning light on the dash came on (looks like a gear with an exclamation point). I floored the pedal and the car did not accelerate much. I arrived were i had to go and left the car parked for a couple of hours. When i came out and drove the car it worked perfectly. It hasn't given me that problem again, but the fact that it happended still worries me. Another problem is that when the car is stopped and i accelerate, i hear a noice and a bumpy sensation around the driver area, it feels like its somewhere on the bottom. It is really breaf and goes away shortly, but it is really noticeable. Additionally, whenever i make somewhat sharp right turns the car makes a wierd noise. The car also makes wierd muffler sounds as i mentioned on another thread, but i think that'll be fixed once i replace the muffler. I know these are a lot of questions, but i also know that a lot of you guys work on your BMWs and have had them for a long time. I would appreciate any comments that would help me out on any of these matters. If you guys need any clarifications on the problems or anything, just ask . Thank you in advance.
so your car is an automatic right?.......the gear with an exclaimation mark is a problem with the electronics in the automatic shift system ...

turning the corner problem could be a blown balljoint..

the noise could be linked to your transmission problem also could be tranny mounts, driveshaft, guibo disk etc etc.... at the moment its hard to tell because of the lack of information provided on this particular problem..

#3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 11:26 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

CiscoKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CiscoKid
is the bumpy only on the drivers side, or can the pass. feel it too?

#4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 11:51 PM
n00b

drkangldc is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I really appreciate you guys' help. I took the car to a bmw mechanic and when he looked under the car, it turned you that the bracket where the trans mounts go on was broken. Some circular rubber that seems to do something with the driveshaft was all torn up. He charged me $333.33 to fix it. Thanks again guys, i appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)