car beeping - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 12:19 AM
The Messican

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
(Thread Starter)
car beeping

i have a 94 318i, it started beeping today, it'll beep evey once in a while, just a beep, nothing lights up on the dash or anything, anyone here know what it is or might be? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 12:27 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
SOunds like the memo alert. It activates righ before the height of each hour. You can turn it on and off using the MEMO button on the OBC. The OBC may also be set to give you speed alerts, which can also be deactivated. Check your OBC.

#3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 12:34 AM
The Messican

MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
SOunds like the memo alert. It activates righ before the height of each hour. You can turn it on and off using the MEMO button on the OBC. The OBC may also be set to give you speed alerts, which can also be deactivated. Check your OBC.

ill check that out tomorrow, its freezing out right now, would the beep come from the obc itself? it sounds like its coming from the dash or sum place on the drivers side?

oh, and speed alert? in case your wondering, i have the cheap obc that just shows the temperature and time and stuff....
#4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Neutral Member

kassper is an unknown quantity at this point
nah the beeps dont come exactly from the obc but from somewhere near the drivers side like you said
#5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 01:18 AM
4th Gear Member

WardJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WardJ Send a message via MSN to WardJ Send a message via Yahoo to WardJ
tell your car to shut up.

haha

'85 325e
'Arrest Me Red'
mods to come:
Window Tint
New Badges - Check!
Muffler - Check! - Ansa free flow
New Radio
Sport Shocks - Bilstein
Keyless Entry + Alarm - BMW Security Systems
Power Flow Intake

THE founding member of "i don't hate on del"
#6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 01:28 AM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WardJ
tell your car to shut up.

haha

tried it...just beeped at me again...
#7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 01:36 AM
4th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to WardJ Send a message via MSN to WardJ Send a message via Yahoo to WardJ
haha that sucks man i don't know what to tell ya then. i wish tonight i had a warning when my TIRE BLEW OUT ON THE HIGHWAY: : : :

talk about bittersweet: not only did i have a perfect regular tire in the back (so i was like hey sweet this should be easy)..i go lookin for the tire iron and used: ? oh thats right my sister took my tire iron out of my car because she needed it and never put it back.

so my dad had to drive an hour to where i was to give me a focking tire iron. it SUCKED

'85 325e
'Arrest Me Red'
mods to come:
Window Tint
New Badges - Check!
New Radio
Sport Shocks - Bilstein
Power Flow Intake

#8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 01:38 AM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
haha that sucks man i don't know what to tell ya then. i wish tonight i had a warning when my TIRE BLEW OUT ON THE HIGHWAY: : : :

talk about bittersweet: not only did i have a perfect regular tire in the back (so i was like hey sweet this should be easy)..i go lookin for the tire iron and used: ? oh thats right my sister took my tire iron out of my car because she needed it and never put it back.

so my dad had to drive an hour to where i was to give me a focking tire iron. it SUCKED

lol...thats gotta suck...wait...come to think of it...my brother has my jack and tire iron...hmm...i thnk i better ask for that back...
#9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 01:43 AM
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelACA
i thnk i better ask for that back...

haha sounds like you're the younger sibling? because i am not. cause when i came home i didn't ask for it back, i told my sister i was going to beat her with it because she didn't put it back.

i'm kidding. i love my sister and we get along fine.

uh oh someone in heres gonna report me to social services.

anyway ya dude no fun i live in southern nh and i'm going to give you a quick weather lesson:

in order for it to snow/favorable conditions to ice, it must be around (for ice below) 32 degrees. since southern new hampshire is expecting an ass raping right about now from mother nature (it's dark right now i can't tell if it's snowing), it was about oh...i think my dad's temp gauge said about 12 degrees.

oh sweet jesus there's nothing like the feeling of an electric blanket to come home to

'85 325e
'Arrest Me Red'
mods to come:
Window Tint
New Badges - Check!
New Radio
Sport Shocks - Bilstein
Power Flow Intake

#10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 01:50 AM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
haha sounds like you're the younger sibling? because i am not. cause when i came home i didn't ask for it back, i told my sister i was going to beat her with it because she didn't put it back.

i'm kidding. i love my sister and we get along fine.

uh oh someone in heres gonna report me to social services.

anyway ya dude no fun i live in southern nh and i'm going to give you a quick weather lesson:

in order for it to snow/favorable conditions to ice, it must be around (for ice below) 32 degrees. since southern new hampshire is expecting an ass raping right about now from mother nature (it's dark right now i can't tell if it's snowing), it was about oh...i think my dad's temp gauge said about 12 degrees.

oh sweet jesus there's nothing like the feeling of an electric blanket to come home to

lol...ass raping...why did i picture peter griffin (family guy) saying that...lol

i live in south tx and its about 30 degrees right now...im guessing ur used to that...but me...hell no....ive worn shorts during xmas in other years...but then again...weird shit does happen...it snowed last xmas...so yea...kinda gives u that "the world is coming to an end" feeling when you see south padre island's sand and palm trees covered in snow... (the island is like 30 or 40 minutes away from where i live...SPRING BREAK RULES!!!...lol

and yea..im the younges one
#11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 02:04 AM
4th Gear Member

i must say miguel i'm enjoying chatting with you through what? 3 threads right now? and haha that sucks, yeah all my buddies jettisoned to warm places for school. i'm at UNH where the weather is no different, and my buddy basically lives on the beach all year. he goes to school at UC santa barbara, where his dorm/apartment is 200 yards from the beach, and when he comes home for the summer he lives at his parents house on the beach out here. so he's home for maybe four weeks during december when it's cold. the fucker called me on thanksgiving to inform me he had just finished smoking a bowl in the 75 degree heat.

god damn it! i hate new england!

'85 325e
'Arrest Me Red'
mods to come:
Window Tint
New Badges - Check!
New Radio
Sport Shocks - Bilstein
Power Flow Intake

#12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 02:07 AM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
i must say miguel i'm enjoying chatting with you through what? 3 threads right now? and haha that sucks, yeah all my buddies jettisoned to warm places for school. i'm at UNH where the weather is no different, and my buddy basically lives on the beach all year. he goes to school at UC santa barbara, where his dorm/apartment is 200 yards from the beach, and when he comes home for the summer he lives at his parents house on the beach out here. so he's home for maybe four weeks during december when it's cold. the fucker called me on thanksgiving to inform me he had just finished smoking a bowl in the 75 degree heat.

god damn it! i hate new england!

lol...yea, im enjoying too...we have crappy weather here..begore it was tolerably hot in the summer and nice and chilly in the winter...now its like 115 in summer and like 20 in winter...theres the apokalypse for ya...
#13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 06:28 PM
n00b

bad e36 is an unknown quantity at this point
beeping noise

Your beeping noise is your obc telling you that the temp out side is below freezing . Watch your obc in temp mode and see if it blinks . It's there to remine you thats there's ice on the road ahead .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)