cant get my ignition OUT!!!!!!!!! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 02:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hunter325i is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
cant get my ignition OUT!!!!!!!!!

im having a problem getting my ignition cylinder out of my 93 325i. in the bentley book it says stick a stiff piece of thin wire into the hole on the locking cylinder at radio position then turn it back 12 degrees to release the cylinder.....UM YEA no release of cylinder. am i not doing it right??? or am i missing something? i gotta get it out today so i can get a new one tomorrow cuz i need my car but up and running.

thank you boys and girls, havent let me down yet...

hunter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 03:17 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
I am assuming that the procedure is the same as for my 1995 318i. You put the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON position. Then it is a race against your battery to get the wire in (I lost the race when I tried). Best of luck with it, I found that paper clips are really hard to use because of the bend that you inevitably can not get out.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 03:19 PM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid
I am assuming that the procedure is the same as for my 1995 318i. You put the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON position. Then it is a race against your battery to get the wire in (I lost the race when I tried). Best of luck with it, I found that paper clips are really hard to use because of the bend that you inevitably can not get out.

race against the battery???

#4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 04:18 PM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
so you have to beat your battery essentially to remove it? Would it help if your battery was low on power? That is interesting I did not know that you had to do anything like this to remove the ignition cylinder.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
#5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 04:33 PM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94BMW325i
so you have to beat your battery essentially to remove it? Would it help if your battery was low on power? That is interesting I did not know that you had to do anything like this to remove the ignition cylinder.
yea me either...its not making any sense to me

#6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 10:58 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter325i
yea me either...its not making any sense to me
lol... No you don't have to actually get it out before the battery loses all power. It's just a pain when you are doing it in a parking lot at college or your drive way without someone elses car ready to jump your's when you are done.

If the key is not in the "ON" position it will be impossible to get the wire into the hole needed to pop the cylinder out. You have to get the wire in a couple inches in order to do it. On a large paper clip is it just past where you would have unbent it, which is why I say paper clips are also a pain. If you have the new cylinder you can easily see how it works and it will confuse you as to why it is not as easy when the cylinder is in the car.
#7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 11:04 PM
4th Gear Member

PrInG has a spectacular aura about PrInG has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to PrInG
That is my favorite thing about any kind of dissassemble and reassemble books. HA Everythings is said to come with ease in perfect order haha. Soon you find out nothing ever comes out with ease or in the right order and you get more and more pissed at the guy in pictures that has it out. HAHA GOOD LUCK sorry I can't be of service.

TO HONOR: Get Honor Stay Honor if You Can't Come in Her Come Honor.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)