BMW Werkz banner

Can Fix My Air Pump Problem, Check Engine Light

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fissionx 
#1 ·
OK so I have this big big problem with my BMW 328is. Like 4 months ago my check engine light came on giving me codes F5 and F6 meaning to check my secondary air pump cycl. 1-3 and 4-6, so finally I got around to taking it to the BMW dealership. They said they could not find anything wrong and clear the codes so the check engine light was off, the next day it was back on, so I decided to just install a new air pump along with the non- something valve along with the air pump senser ( I belive that there is only one senser related to the air pump, so thats the one I changed). sorry, but i really dont know anything about car. So while this was happening I also needed to take my car for that air test, after installing the new pump and deleting the check engine light 2 days later I took it and it passes. Then 2 days after that it came back on!!!!!!!!! with the same codes and even more!! it was table 11 codes F5 F6 FE F9, so this was the secondary air pump again and now the catalyst was to low or something like that!!!!!!! I dont know what to do!! Is there any more sensers I can check?

#2 ·
Originally posted by Esme@May 4 2005, 11:05 PM
OK so I have this big big problem with my BMW 328is. Like 4 months ago my check engine light came on giving me codes F5 and F6 meaning to check my secondary air pump cycl. 1-3 and 4-6, so finally I got around to taking it to the BMW dealership. They said they could not find anything wrong and clear the codes so the check engine light was off, the next day it was back on, so I decided to just install a new air pump along with the non- something valve along with the air pump senser ( I belive that there is only one senser related to the air pump, so thats the one I changed). sorry, but i really dont know anything about car. So while this was happening I also needed to take my car for that air test, after installing the new pump and deleting the check engine light 2 days later I took it and it passes. Then 2 days after that it came back on!!!!!!!!! with the same codes and even more!! it was table 11 codes F5 F6 FE F9, so this was the secondary air pump again and now the catalyst was to low or something like that!!!!!!! I dont know what to do!! Is there any more sensers I can check?
[snapback]340990[/snapback]​
I've got an AA simulator for the air pump if you want to buy it. I never put it on my car it's brand new. It's designed for cars w/o the airpump so you can just remove yours; spilce into the wiring and the CEL should go away. $200 if you want it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.