Camber Mounts??? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
E36 325I is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to E36 325I
(Thread Starter)
Camber Mounts???

alright i just put the bilstein pss kit on my 92 325i. first of all i had to get strut mounts from bavarian because my car has a production date of 3/92.
So my stock mounts wouldnt work with the kit because apparently there is NOOOO kit made for my production date car wtf....why wouldnt bavarian tell me that in the first place.....well i got the mounts put the kit on and went to have it aligned....now my mechanic is telling me that he thinks i need camber mounts for the front: because of the fact that there is virtually no adjustment on the bottom of my front coilovers...i also would like to run my stock 15 inch rims but nope because they dont have enough offset and when the car sets on the ground it rubs on the springs....i tried a set of 10mm wheel spacers and guess what...still not enough clearanceused: i dont know what to do here....my dad called bavarian today to tell them the problem with aligning the car and apparently, all the guy he talked to said was "oooo wellllllllllll he lowered the car toooooo much" but he made no hesitation to sell my dad more parts right on the spot: wtf i only lowered it by 1 inch front and rear because of the 16inch by 8.5inch wheels i have to run cause they give me enough offset to clear the shocks....this puzzles me also because on bavauto and in the magazine it says that they recommend wheel spacers for anyone running wheels bigger than 7.5 inches....so why am i running 8.5 inch wheels with no problem...just a bit of tire rub cause the sidewall of the tires are so big:lol: haha yeah i need to spend 400 bucks on lower profile tires...but thats my problem and ive had it for about a week now...im getting really fed up with this shit and with bavarian.....

So all in all i would like to know if you guys would recommend going with camber mounts because thats all me and my dad can think of to do...

I mean to i need the camber mounts to adjust the alignment...did bavarian just not tell me this and if so why wouldnt they have told me when i called about the first strut mount problem i had when they sold me the later production date strut mount....?????

I'm so confused and dont know what to do here....used: .....please any input on this matter would be deeply appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 03:28 AM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
so have you tried running stock height? did it still continue to give you the same problems?..im gonna ask a few people about this, and maybe they collectively will be able to help you out.

#3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 01:31 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
What is your front camber? if it's much greater than 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 degrees I would get them, or if it is much less... You need some camber with that suspension to help keep you from sliding and keep control of your vehicle... and have the most fun with the suspension.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
thanks for the help guys. I just got the camber kit to my house today...ill probly have my mechanic install them...I think i am going to get my rear fenders rolled also in order to run my wheels...that is if i cant run my stock set of rims still with the camber kit on the car

thanks for the replys
#5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
i was also wondering if it might have to do with the fact that my production date on my car is 3/92 and when we talked to bavarian they told me that they didnt even make a kit for that production date....only from 5/92 and on...maybe thats got somethin to do with it???
#6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 04:40 PM
3rd Gear Member

tomctx is an unknown quantity at this point
Production date could very well have something to do with it. Are you still going to try to install?

1995 325I, window tint, K&N, debaffled airbox, BMW #104 wheels, Nighthawk low beams, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked taillights, M3 stlye heated mirrors, various interior bits, Bosal cat-back.
#7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 07:09 AM
n00b

korsion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to korsion
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 325I
i was also wondering if it might have to do with the fact that my production date on my car is 3/92 and when we talked to bavarian they told me that they didnt even make a kit for that production date....only from 5/92 and on...maybe thats got somethin to do with it???
The only difference is the strut tops/hats all you need to do is get later model strut hats, they dont cost much and fit straight in.
#8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by korsion
The only difference is the strut tops/hats all you need to do is get later model strut hats, they dont cost much and fit straight in.

Yes i purchased those straight from bavarian and installed them...but with those strut mounts there is no camber adjustment so you cannot have the car aligned...so i had to get the camber kit which has not been installed yet due to cold weather and laziness(cant lie..sry) but will be done within the next few days

thanks for the input guys
#9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Camber mounts? Do you mean camber plates? What a pain in the butt to pull out the front struts and put those plates back on. Oh well it's worth it. Your camber plates should defintely correct the problem.

I tried to read your first post mroe carefully but am still confused. Is this rubbing caused by the camber or is it caused more by your wheels being too wide? If the camber plates dont make up all the difference then you could probably run the spacers again and it should work out for you.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)