BMW Werkz banner

Buying A Turbo Kit Part By Part....

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Avlany 
#1 ·
A friend of mine mentioned that it would be much cheaper for me to buy a turbo for my car if i ebay the parts that i need. I had thought of this but thought it would be too much work. I'm sure someone here has done this before and i'm wondering if you would list the specific parts/sizes i need to get and also i'm wanting to run a min of 8 boost. Is more than 8 too hard on the engine? please help!

#2 ·
Kyle, not to discourage you, but piecing together a turbo system, isn't a great idea, unless your an expert in the field. Forced induction isn't rocket science, but it's not far from it.

If you really want to add a turbo to your car, plan on spending $5-7K, and source the pats from Active Autowerke. Better yet, you could supercharge the car, and go to bavauto.com.

If not, you will ultimately do more harm than good to your car by putting the parts together yourself.

#5 ·
Originally posted by bigred318@May 15 2005, 10:07 PM
well superchargers can be found at aa tuning, dinan bav auto along with a few other compaies that just came out with their own... PM me for details on turbos as i have helped a few members out with this, but have way to much info to post it all at once...

David
[snapback]344823[/snapback]​
I am very interested in some type of FI, S/C or turbo. I would like it to be 50 state legal because I live in comifornia and it needs to pass the visual. If you dont mind could you e-mail me some info on any type of turbo kit. I have a 94 325is and I would like to see around 8#s intercooled. TIA. :cheers (kabn6@charter.net)

#10 ·
NOS = control head shot to your engine. I absolutely agree with Soul. If its a brand new engine then a turbo kit (original one, not a built one) is fine not otherwise. Not to sound rude, but mate, if you want "Fast&Furious" car, buy a "Rice" car, bimmer wasnt made for this.

#12 ·
I have mate. All I am saying is that if you want to spend less for "boost" (likie nadmade turbo or NOS system), get a Honda or something. But if you own a bimmer (which is great), do the "boost" normal way, and your car will be the beast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.