BMW Werkz banner

Buying First Used Bmw, Have Some Questions

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Avlany 
#1 ·
I am about to buy my first used car ever, and the lucky car is a 328i 5-speed sedan (96-98).

Being my first used car and my first car that I'm buying myself, I have some general questions. The owner's i'm talking to all own sub-100k cars and all claim "excellent condition, excellent this, excellent that" and of course I am going to have it checked out by a mechanic first before I buy it - but what are some other questions I should ask?

Specific e36 or general "used car" questions. Has X been replaced ever? Has X ever caused problems? Are you the first owner? What kind of driving? etc. I want as comprehensive a list as possible because I will need to make quite a journey to visit these cars and don't want to waste my time because I need a car in the next 4 weeks.

Thanks

#2 ·
First of all get yourself access to carfax for 1 month and check every car's vin number over there. Make sure that car wasnt in rentals.

The questions I would ask:
1. If the car had any accidents?
2. Repainted parts ?
3. What fuel been used on it?
4. Was it sealed in the garage or someone drove the car all he time?
5. Smog check?
6. Was any inspection done in a dealler?
7. Who drove the car ? (it is important)
8. Waht kind of service has been done to it in a passed year?

Filter some question you think is important. If ill come up with something else Ill update it.

Good luck with shopping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.