BMW Werkz banner

Buying/checking out a 97 ti. Dallas area.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Furious 
#1 ·
I doubt that this car that I am checking out in a day or 2 will have an owners manual or any records with it. Could someone please outline the maintenance schedule for me? Its got about 80k miles, Auto. Is there anything major that should have been done around 60k? Any way I can check if its been done?

When I'm checking it out I don't want to look too lost. I assume the air filter, oil, tranny fluid, and spark plugs are easy to find. Any tricks here? What kind of spark plug tool do I need to bring if I want to look at them? Is the air filter just held in with clips?

If the camber is seriously adjusted should I be worried? How forgiving are these cars of Autoxers? Do shocks and bushings get trashed, or do they take it? Do burnouts trash the tranny?

I'm no mechanic, but I drive a motorcycle, which makes me a do-it-your-selfer by default.

Oh yeah, this is my first post here. I ran a brief search beforehand. If these questions have been answered before, please humor me by answering them again, or at least direct me to the answers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.