Buyer Beware: Do Not Buy Sears DieHard International #33348 Battery! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 02:09 PM
quality

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Buyer Beware: Do Not Buy Sears DieHard International #33348 Battery!

Taken from another thread: Just thought I'd share because Sears usually recommends this exact battery for the E36 BMWs and perhaps other model BMWs. So just say no and you will save yourself future drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaboostin View Post
You can't go wrong with a Diehard International from Sears. I've never had problems with them, they're close to OE spec and they're under warranty for about $80 installed. Plus they'll check the rest of your ignition/starting system.
NO! Do Not Get the DieHard International or your car will end up like mine on the side of the highway with no power! And eventually the Flatbed Towtruck man will have to come for you!

I've had so much problems with that battery from the time since I had it and Sears, the only seller of this battery in the NY/Tri State DO NOT OFFER FULL WARRANTIES for it (you get I think only 2 weeks to a month to exchange) and DieHard also DO NOT HAVE ANY WARRANTIES for it. So you are stuck!
Now I'm replacing my Alternator because I can't decide if the battery damaged that as well during its decline. I've had mine since Jan 2006 and I'm now forced to replace it, because it DOES NOT HOLD a charge. Also when you go to Sears.com all the reviews claim the exact same thing 1/5 stars!
People all over the country from Florida to Washington haved complained about using it in their BMWs and Import Cars.
SEE BELOW:

Quote:
Overall Rating: 1 out of 5

Poor cold cranking no way for sears to test, June 30, 2008
By SkierMS from Bound Brook New Jersey

"Three years ago I put the international group 48 in my VW Passat. It would crank slow and be hard to start when I was in Vermont and temperature was below zero. No loca Sears. I went back to Sears in NJ where I purchased it every year for three years after getting jump started in VT. They would test it and say it was fine. I asked them to replace it and they refused. I asked them to give me a loaner battery and test it when it was cold suggesting they put it in the freezer overnight. They refused. I would look an some other brands before buying this unless you are stuck."

Was this review helpful to you? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)

May 9, 2008
By mlm2005 from sacramento, ca

"The battery is not made for a BMW, it doesn't hold a charge and dies in cold weather after siting for 2 days."

Not a good choice, March 20, 2008
By hanks

"2002 Passat GLX 4motion, replaced the original battery when the alternator killed it, new alternator and this battery, battery dead in less than 4 months. Not a good choice for VW or Audi V6."

Next time, I'll keep looking, January 11, 2008
By Anonymous Reviewer from Amesbury, MA

"After four-and-a-half years, the original battery in my Audi died. AAA gave me a jump from one of their mobile battery trucks (my first chance to avoid a DieHard). I tried an NTB store as they had just recently left the KMart/Sears family. They didn't have the right battery for my car.

Not knowing the other auto shops around my new workplace, I ended up at Sears. They had a battery that would fit mine and many other cars. What they don't tell you is it won't fit well. Lefty had to wedge a steel angle into the battery compartment to secure this undersized wonder.

Less than two-and-a-half years later, the top-price tier battery was stone dead. I'm at a different workplace not as close to a Sears Auto Center but with the 36 month warranty, I was going to subject myself to them again. (AAA battery truck had the right one for only $20 more - worth the convenience next time).

I will say the second Sears shop (Salem, NH) handled the chnage out well and almost quickly. There's about 8 months left on the full replacement warranty and then 64 more month for pro-rated replacement. If this one makes it to 2-1/2 years, the covered value will be low enough that I can go find something that fits and works."

Die Hard Yard Tractor Battery, October 28, 2007
By Diehard2 from Panama City Florida

Value: 1 out of 5
Reliability: 1 out of 5
Performance: 1 out of 5
Battery Life: 1 out of 5

"Terrible battery. Tractor is 1.5 years old. I emptied the catcher bags, got back on the mower to start, clicked and would not do anything. then not even a click, battery just died. Die Hard is a fitting name, it died hard and fast!!!"

DieHard International - Model 33348 at Sears.com

DO NOT BUY THIS BATTERY!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)