Brake Light - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
aotiko is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
My brake light does not work. I replaced all the bulbs and one is still out. I also had a spoiler which I removed and it left a spliced wire that says my tail light failed while the other one still works. Will I be able to scratch corosion off or will I have to replace it. I already replaced the black plastic things that the bulbs go into, but that didn't work. How can I disable that spliced wire and fix the other light?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Gear Member

BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by aotiko@Apr 7 2005, 05:53 PM
My brake light does not work. I replaced all the bulbs and one is still out. I also had a spoiler which I removed and it left a spliced wire that says my tail light failed while the other one still works. Will I be able to scratch corosion off or will I have to replace it. I already replaced the black plastic things that the bulbs go into, but that didn't work. How can I disable that spliced wire and fix the other light?
[snapback]327937[/snapback]
Your check engine thing's saying that your break light's out, right? I'm in class right now, so my brain may be why that's reading weird to me? Every once in a while, I've found that my car will tell me that one of my brake lights are out when they're not, I've found there's just a fuse that sometimes goes that needs to be replaced... and my mechanic replaced it for like 5 bucks or so... that's probably what it is. And they usually look like this. I didn't know that replacing those black plastic things would do a thing?? Er, that is if you're not already sure it's not the fuse?
#3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
it's not the fuse, I already replaced it today. The one I took out looked perfect for the brake lighs. .What other fuse would I replace, the onboard computer fuse?
#4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

BMW-ATI is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BMW-ATI
the little motherboard circuit thingy on the back of the brake lights could be messed up, thats what's wrong with mine, sometimes the white socket thingy melts, and it could be that
#5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
could you clarify? Is it possible to fix it by shaving off what got on the circuit or will I have to buy a whole new setup? Also how much would the setup cost and what is it called?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)